Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the 250 tune cai and 5 inch exhausr my buddy just got the h&s but he has bigger tires cai and a 4 inch exhuast.

should i throw down any money on this??

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Idk probaly the biggest one when we race but Right now the mild

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Run the 275 tune.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm interested to hear the results of this! Even if you don't throw down any cash, one of you will having bragging rights for a while... until the other one gets a "bigger and better" upgrade after losing lol. He will probable run the hotdam 300 tune? Let us know what happens

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
h&s comes with a 300 tune.....?

·
Registered
172 Posts
yes, either easy tuning up to 100-150, mild tuning up to 250, or hot tuning up to 300.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If he wont tell you what tune he is running, or if you suspect he is not telling the truth about it, the Hot Damn 300 series tune tends to smoke ALOT more than most tunes at normal to moderate driving. You would most likely see a considerable amount of black smoke compared to your Spartan tune while driving side by side at same speed/acceleration. Just a thought

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok thanks

so whats faster 275 or hotdamn

·
Registered
172 Posts
I haven't ran mine or know anyone that has.. the new 300 is on par with h&s beta 310 tune and the kem 310 and 345 I have. No track times to show but just seat of the pants feel. I have seen where a h&s 300 tuned truck dynoed just shy of 600 hp but that dyno may have been high. theres no telling.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have seen where a h&s 300 tuned truck dynoed just shy of 600 hp but that dyno may have been high. theres no telling.
That sounds about right... On the HS website they show dyno results for the 250 tune with CAI and exhaust and those numbers were like 582 HP or maybe 586... I can't remember, but it's gotta be atleast 600 hp with the new 300 tune. Pretty sweet!

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
That sounds about right... On the HS website they show dyno results for the 250 tune with CAI and exhaust and those numbers were like 582 HP or maybe 586... I can't remember, but it's gotta be atleast 600 hp with the new 300 tune. Pretty sweet!
That is very low ball advertisement of tuning or that dyno pull had a very high correction factor....

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have seen the old 250 tune advertised as both 250 and 275+. on their website it shows dyno numbers closer to 275. 306 stock and 582 with their old hot damn 250 tune. Some may say otherwise but I think the new 300 tune is much stronger.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts