Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the issue witht he "EGR flow insufficent" code been fixed for the Spartan 250 tune yet?? When I first loaded the tune after the update earlier in the year I keep getting the check engine light. Spartan said they would be coming out with a fix for it but I haven't seen or heard anything about it. Has the fix already been made???

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
No. Matt has had a lot on his plate the last few months. Run the 250 No EGR tune if you want to run the 250 tune code free.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I was just wondering this due to my truck making a trip from ks to SC

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I was just wondering this due to my truck making a trip from ks to SC
The issue would not affect the truck on the drive. It's a minor issue that causes a soft code and CEL. The issue does not affect drivability at all.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The issue would not affect the truck on the drive. It's a minor issue that causes a soft code and CEL. The issue does not affect drivability at all.
But with the EGR valve not cycling, it will stick shut due to build up of carbon and then when you try to run an EGR enabled tune (like when they fix the 250 EGR enabled tune) , or return to stock, you'll have a stuck EGR valve. Yes you could switch tunes once a week to cycle the valve but thats time and risk on our (the customers) part to work around an issue that simply shouldn't be there.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
But with the EGR valve not cycling, it will stick shut due to build up of carbon and then when you try to run an EGR enabled tune (like when they fix the 250 EGR enabled tune) , or return to stock, you'll have a stuck EGR valve. Yes you could switch tunes once a week to cycle the valve but thats time and risk on our (the customers) part to work around an issue that simply shouldn't be there.
that is true. maybe now that they have other tuners working with them these things might get fixed faster. or we can hope, the last issues they had ( no cycling egr at all with the v2) took 6 months to fix. i just wish they could handle the work load better. You can run with the egr off for a few thousand miles before needed to change tunes to cycle it.:beer:

·
Registered
707 Posts
You can run with the egr off for a few thousand miles before needed to change tunes to cycle it.:beer:
So I'm good changing the tune every six months:hehe:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts