Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A few people were wondering how much power the Spartan 210 tune makes on the dyno. So seeing as I have the tune but have never even ran it, I loaded it up and made a few pulls.

The results were 483 RWHP and 909 RWTQ. :crazy: The pull before was 480/900, so it did back up those numbers.

I must say, compared to the 275 tune, the 210 "feels" like a turd. But, you can attribute most of that to noticeably different tranny functions.

I'm loading the 275 tune back up right now to see if it wants to make more than the 522/1026 that it made before. We have some god air out here this morning! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Great info!!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ran it with the 275 again and its right on where it was. Today is 519/1030.

Someone sponsor me by buying me the 310 and TCM! You know, for the sake of dyno research! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Very good, wish I had my own dyno to play with lol

·
Registered
342 Posts
awesome comparison...thanks

would love to see the 310 now as well!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The results were 483 RWHP and 909 RWTQ. :crazy: The pull before was 480/900, so it did back up those numbers.

QUOTE]

Those are great numbers for the 210. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Wow those are really high. I saw a 275 put down only 475 here when I put down 454 on the 210.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, make sure you guys are comparing these numbers to other trucks that are running full 5 inch exhaust.

Also, it is kinda tricky to make dyno pulls with these trucks. You have to be very aware of just when the torque converter locks up. So if someone was not experienced with dynoing these trucks they could end up with very low, inaccurate numbers.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome comparison...thanks

would love to see the 310 now as well!!
I just ordered it today. Should have some numbers in a week or so. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
David Dunbar's dyno is not a loaded dyno, its a a dynojet. He always starts it out at about 70 mph with the converter locked so that it wont downshift. Thats the dyno I have been on twice, and I have seen very similar numbers with 2 different 310 files. One of the version 5 310 tune. The other was the production 310/TCM file.

560/1110 with the version 5 with a 1.02 correction factor (reloaded before dyno)
548/1118 with the production file with a 1.01 correction factor (over 1,000 miles on the tune + Air Dog II DF-165)

·
Warheads on Foreheads
1,812 Posts
what about the 250 tune now it's free and all? Should the hp numbers be around 500ish I'm guessing?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
David Dunbar's dyno is not a loaded dyno, its a a dynojet. He always starts it out at about 70 mph with the converter locked so that it wont downshift.
My dyno is also just an inersha drum dyno similar to a dynojet, not a load bearing unit. This is the same procedure that I found to work best as well. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Well, make sure you guys are comparing these numbers to other trucks that are running full 5 inch exhaust.

Also, it is kinda tricky to make dyno pulls with these trucks. You have to be very aware of just when the torque converter locks up. So if someone was not experienced with dynoing these trucks they could end up with very low, inaccurate numbers.
Wow I didnt know a full 5 inch would make that much difference. It was first time on a dyno so that could have something to do with my low numbers.

Thanks for the info.:thumb:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow I didnt know a full 5 inch would make that much difference. It was first time on a dyno so that could have something to do with my low numbers.

Thanks for the info.:thumb:
Also, make sure the tune is freshly loaded before running your truck on the dyno. :thumb:

·
Registered
198 Posts
So how bout those 310 numbers you said you'd post lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts