Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put Flo Pro 4inch Turbo Back exhaust and Spartan 210 Tune on and have had it on my truck since monday. Its alot of fun and it definately helped out on power and fule mileage a TON. was getting 11.5 avg MPG before. Now im averaging 16mpg and im getting 19mpg on the highway at about 75mph running 2000 RPMs. Very Happy with everything!

Wondering though How much of a difference the 275 tune is going to make towards power and fuel mileage? A HUGE difference or just a little bit. Also with this power how much more dangerous is it to the engine and tranny? I ask because I'm trying to justify spending $300 on purchasing it.

·
Registered
641 Posts
HUGE difference over the 210 and the 275, IMO it's worth every penny for the 275 and I don't think it is any harder on the engine or tranny personally I think the 275 is safer with the firmer shifts and tc lock up. The 275 has insane power for just a tune you will never load the 210 again once you upgrade:thumb:

·
Registered
856 Posts
Wondering though How much of a difference the 275 tune is going to make towards power and fuel mileage? A HUGE difference or just a little bit. Also with this power how much more dangerous is it to the engine and tranny? I ask because I'm trying to justify spending $300 on purchasing it.
IMO there is a pretty noticable difference. I have been running the 275 for months now, I loaded the 210 in mine the other day just to check it out....its not near as peppy, nor aggressive. I doubt I will be leaving this 210 in for very much longer. I like the sassyness of the 275. :woot:

·
Registered
255 Posts
One Ride in your Truck tuned to 275...

Will Justify the purchase.

Do It!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
i put my truck on the 210... for like an hour lol i have run the 275 the entire time... even when it snows... love the 275 everything about it the shifting and all is so much better. I towed my 20 ft enclosed with it and like it for that too just drive it like a grown up and everything will be all good.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have both tunes, and all I run is the 210. I love it. I think that the drivability of that tune is amazing. I wasn't a fan of the jolting shifts with the 275. I Didn't like explaining to everyone who rides with me why an 08 truck was shifting like that. If you are racing, go for it, if you want a daily driver, stick with the 210. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Joilty shifts...How bad are these jolty shifts and is that not bad for your transmission?

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I spent thou$ands of dollars making my 03 shift as good as my 08 with spartan does. Yes they hesitate sometimes but i dont worry about it seams to be working well for everything.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For those of us w/o a spartan....I am sure the 210 would still feel great though right and the biggest thong for most people (non racers) is everyday fuel economy

·
Registered
255 Posts
For those of us w/o a spartan....I am sure the 210 would still feel great though right and the biggest thong for most people (non racers) is everyday fuel economy

Yeah, the 210 is a BIG difference over stock.

I have 150, 175, 210, 250, and 275. Each one of them is better than the last. I'm running the 275 right now, because it is still new to me. I'm still like a kid that gets his first car. I want to drive Fast and Hard, I have not even started to figure mileage yet. I'm too busy "Rodding" it.

I tried the 150 tune yesterday, that is a big difference from stock too.

I'm Very Happy with Spartan's Product and Cobb's Diesel is Top Notch too!

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I prefer running the 275 tune for fuel mileage. If I tune down to the 210 tune I see a drop everytime, and if you need the extra power from the 275, its there when you need it.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Yeah, the 210 is a BIG difference over stock.

I have 150, 175, 210, 250, and 275. Each one of them is better than the last. I'm running the 275 right now, because it is still new to me. I'm still like a kid that gets his first car. I want to drive Fast and Hard, I have not even started to figure mileage yet. I'm too busy "Rodding" it.

I tried the 150 tune yesterday, that is a big difference from stock too.

I'm Very Happy with Spartan's Product and Cobb's Diesel is Top Notch too!
True that! Im still getting better mileage rodding so thats good enough for me:thumb:

I prefer running the 275 tune for fuel mileage. If I tune down to the 210 tune I see a drop everytime, and if you need the extra power from the 275, its there when you need it.
Yeah... what he said!

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
I see higher mpg with the 275 v2 tune over the v3 tune. I know a lot of guys dont trust the lie-o-meter on the dash, but when I was running the v3 tune it dropped from 16.7 to 16.4 in 2 days driving the same as I always do, so I tuned it back to the v2 tune(which I like better anyways) and it rose from 16.4 to 16.8 in the same amoutn of time that the v3 went down .3.....this post only applies to those who have both the v2 and v3 tunes. The v2 is no longer available

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I see higher mpg with the 275 v2 tune over the v3 tune. I know a lot of guys dont trust the lie-o-meter on the dash, but when I was running the v3 tune it dropped from 16.7 to 16.4 in 2 days driving the same as I always do, so I tuned it back to the v2 tune(which I like better anyways) and it rose from 16.4 to 16.8 in the same amoutn of time that the v3 went down .3.....this post only applies to those who have both the v2 and v3 tunes. The v2 is no longer available
Wonder what it would actually be with it hand calculated. I thought i read somewhere that the V3 was supposed to make the lie o meter more accurate:dunno: but i may be wrong. I know mine is almost exactly 2mpg off what it says on the dash... of course my speedo is off because of my tires so it actually works out about right, if that makes any sense.

·
Premium Member
8,819 Posts
Yea, my speedo is off some too. I think like 2 or 3 mph...not enough for me to care to much tho. I just like the v2 I guess

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ran the 210 for about 3 weeks before i broke down after reading everyone talk about the 275. The first time i really laid into, it was awesome, fishtailing one way while lighting up the tires and then sliding it the other way after the shift to second. I like to tell myself it was still spinning in third, but i dont really know. All i know is the 275 V3 is a blast and i am getting better mileage than on the 210. The first 2 shifts are taking me a while to get used to, but like everyone says, if youre easy on it they arent bad at all. Kinda wish i could get a credit for the other 3 tunes i will probably never use again.:rofl:

i will more than likely switch to the 210 or 150 for when i pull the trailer, but the 275 is SWEET!!! Buy it as soon as ya can.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
damnit...i guess im gunna have to spend 300 buxxxxxxxxx!!!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
IMO, Its worth it. You would be happy with it.

Its a bigger difference than I thought it would be. The 210 verse the 275. I mean its only 65 RWHP difference, but it feels like 100.
I think if the shifting was as aggresive with the 210 as it is with the 275 it wouldnt matter to much which one you had but the 275 is hands down much better and it does feel like a 100-120 horse difference in the seat of your pants... which is where it matters the most.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts