Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm looking at getting rid of the stock Goodyear Wrangler tires and wanting to go with something better. I'm also wanting to go up in size a little. That is where my question comes from.

What is the largest size tire you can fit under the truck in the spare tire holder?

I do not want to put it in my bed and I don't want to keep the stock spare.

I'm looking at ordering 295/70R18 tires so they are about 34.5".
I think I will be ok but I don't want to order the tires and then find out it doesn't work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put GY Duratracs 325/65-18s (more rubber on the road than 20s and a better ride) with no lift, no clearance issues of any kind. Wheels are 18x9, +25mm OS, 5.75” BS. Duratracs are 34.6” in the 18” but 20” Duratracs in same size are 35.8 or so.

Could easily fit 18x10s with 25mm or similar offset and 325/65s

The negative offset kills wheel well clearance when turning...and will accelerate bearing wear

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I have a 35/12.50/18 under my truck for a spare (2017 F250)

·
Registered
2018 F350 Limited
241 Posts
Whenever I have put on bigger tires, for the spare, I just went to a tire shop and traded them my spare tire for a used tire that is the same size as my new bigger ones. They mounted and balanced for free as they were getting the better end of the trade. I’ve never had to pay a dime for a spare that way. They like it cause they get a brand new tire and I get a full size tire. Win win.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts