Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swapping my crew cab short bed into a short bed dually. Accumulated all the parts needed except I've run into a problem. I got 295/75/17s on a steal of a price. The rears are going to touch without a spacer. I ordered a set of two 2" wheel spacers

https://wheeladaptersusa.com/products/2-x-wheel-spacers-adapters-8x200-to-8-x-200-2-ford-f-350-superduty-dually-1

I plan to daily drive and possibly tow a gooseneck 3 or 4 times a year. Anyone have an experience running a spacer like this between the tires?

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
If you are using the factory wheels those spacers won't work because they aren't hub centric and the factory wheels are. You will get vibrations since there will be no way to center the wheel on the hub.

Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are using the factory wheels those spacers won't work because they aren't hub centric and the factory wheels are. You will get vibrations since there will be no way to center the wheel on the hub.
Wouldn't theoretically the wheel spacer it self be centered on hub along with the inner wheel, then using the acorn lugnuts the outer wheel be centered on the spacer?

·
Administrator
21,765 Posts
Theoretically yes, until the spacer theoretically shifts and you have a vibration or break a lug stud.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Administrator
21,765 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Little late to the party but it can easily be done. Now i have lug centric wheels with acorn lugs on wheel adapter usa 2'' spacers. 285/75/16 Bridgestone Duelers on Pro Comp wheels. Rides great and looks even better IMO.

Attachments

Reactions: Heavy_GD and jman37

·
Administrator
21,765 Posts
Little late to the party but it can easily be done. Now i have lug centric wheels with acorn lugs on wheel adapter usa 2'' spacers. 285/75/16 Bridgestone Duelers on Pro Comp wheels. Rides great and looks even better IMO.
I wanted to tag you too, but danged if I could figure out all the _ and . 's :lol2:

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Wouldn't theoretically the wheel spacer it self be centered on hub along with the inner wheel, then using the acorn lugnuts the outer wheel be centered on the spacer?
That would work if you have lug centric wheels that use the acorn style lug nuts. The factory wheels are hub centric and use flat lug nuts. Unless that has changed on the later model trucks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That would work if you have lug centric wheels that use the acorn style lug nuts. The factory wheels are hub centric and use flat lug nuts. Unless that has changed on the later model trucks.
I'm using a set of factory 17inch steelies which mount hubcentric. So I'm going to need hubcentric spacers not the lug cenctric. The only question now is which brand would be best suitable. I'd like to go solid steel but cant find any. The best I've seen are these from Bora

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/special/dually/ford_s

Unless anyone else has an suggestions on what brand to run. Shouldve just bought the correct size tire to begin with haha.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'd go with Wheel Adapter USA. They make hub centric and lug centric. Give them a call. They would be more than happy to help you out and i got my spacers from Cali to PA in 3 days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd go with Wheel Adapter USA. They make hub centric and lug centric. Give them a call. They would be more than happy to help you out and i got my spacers from Cali to PA in 3 days.
Just checked with them. Looks like they're sold out of the hubcentric 8x200 spacers.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Just checked with them. Looks like they're sold out of the hubcentric 8x200 spacers.
Well i'd still give them a call to check on the time frame. I'm not saying brand "X"is better or worse but i wouldn't buy the ones you can get the fastest if they are lesser quality. I'm happy with my WAU spacers and i'd definitely recommend them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i'd still give them a call to check on the time frame. I'm not saying brand "X"is better or worse but i wouldn't buy the ones you can get the fastest if they are lesser quality. I'm happy with my WAU spacers and i'd definitely recommend them.
Ended up going with the BORA spacers. So hopefully everything will line up neatly. Thanks for the help and advice though. If I remember I'll take a few pics when it's all together and throw them on here.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
There is nothing wrong with aluminum spacers, I have had 2" aluminum spacers on my truck for 3 years. Bora makes good quality spacers, you will be fine with those as long as they are installed properly.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Swapping my crew cab short bed into a short bed dually. Accumulated all the parts needed except I've run into a problem. I got 295/75/17s on a steal of a price. The rears are going to touch without a spacer. I ordered a set of two 2" wheel spacers

https://wheeladaptersusa.com/products/2-x-wheel-spacers-adapters-8x200-to-8-x-200-2-ford-f-350-superduty-dually-1

I plan to daily drive and possibly tow a gooseneck 3 or 4 times a year. Anyone have an experience running a spacer like this between the tires?
I'm sorry, but I wouldn't tow a gooseneck, meaning some substantial pin weight, with spacers on a Dually. These trucks are meant to carry weight but by adding spacers you are adding a variable of fit on the hub, the outer rim on the hub, longer studs, acorn nuts.....just doesn't seem like a good decision.

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
I'm sorry, but I wouldn't tow a gooseneck, meaning some substantial pin weight, with spacers on a Dually. These trucks are meant to carry weight but by adding spacers you are adding a variable of fit on the hub, the outer rim on the hub, longer studs, acorn nuts.....just doesn't seem like a good decision.

Tom
As long as they are good quality spacers and are installed properly they are completely safe to tow and haul with. Mine isn't a dually but I tow and haul all the time with my 2" spacers and I have never had a problem. I inspect them twice a year when I rotate the tires and they are still in good shape after 3 years of use.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts