Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience with South Bend clutches and warranty?

Their published warranty info says a certified mechanic must complete the work.

anyone had experience with them?

What clutches are everyone using now?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I had an SBC single-mass kit on my 94. I'm not really sold on the Kevlar pilot bushing. I'd rather have a regular bearing I think. The clutch was fine and I ended up having the disc grenade on it (after about 50k miles). They came up with a better design after I bought my original kit and I didn't have any issues after that (about 75k total miles until I sold the truck). I purchased the new disc and didn't attempt to warranty the old one, so I can't comment on that (other than having the work done by a "certified mechanic" part. It's not rocket science). Cheers!

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had an SBC single-mass kit on my 94. I'm not really sold on the Kevlar pilot bushing. I'd rather have a regular bearing I think. The clutch was fine and I ended up having the disc grenade on it (after about 50k miles). They came up with a better design after I bought my original kit and I didn't have any issues after that (about 75k total miles until I sold the truck). I purchased the new disc and didn't attempt to warranty the old one, so I can't comment on that (other than having the work done by a "certified mechanic" part. It's not rocket science). Cheers!
Thank you.
I changed mine out about 150000 mi ago. Replaced with Valair dual mass kit.
I know how but the whole warranty asme Mechanic thing puts me off.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
I installed one 4 years and 35,000 miles ago, no problems yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts