Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I came across about 500 gallons of wvo that was claimed to be filtered. I’m wondering how you know your getting good stuff cause it seems like a good deal. What’s the difference between good and bad oil? The food they cook with it?

·
california deplorable
10,999 Posts
ANY moisture must be cooked out of it and filtration can not be over emphasized :nod:
most folks heat it and run it through a centrafuge to clear out contaminants :thumb:
if this is a possible on going deal invest in a centrafuge and find a way to cook the oil to remove moisture not real up on the current best method for that as all the wvo within 200 miles has been gobbled up by a subsidized buio diesel plant who winds up charging more for buoo than i can get diesel at the pump for :doh:
that said i run it when i can get it IN THE SUMMER it will gel up faster than good old #2 :D
also be prepared to change out all your fuel filters.
it cleans the entire fuel system better than any off the shelf product out there.
500 gallons...good score :drool:
it has become near impossible to get around here :sad:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whereabouts are you located? Dunno how that biodiesel plant could snag up all of the grease. I would love to go pick this stuff up but I don’t have the fuge yet. He only wants $100 for it so itd be hard to pass up. And paying 20 cents a gallon sounds awesome. If I did get it, the stuff would end up sitting around until I got the v3 or v4 system and a tank. 4K later I’d have to get the fuge set up. Hmmmm quite a startup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts