Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of rebuilding an XL 2000 F250 7.3 and am looking to swap in the dash and power windows from a 2005 XLT donor truck. I will be reusing as much of the factory wiring as possible but there will be plenty of splicing to get it to work. If there a good source of wiring diagrams out there? I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable rate for them, but I'm having trouble finding all the ones I need through forum posts, etc.

Mods, hope this fits this forum - it is technically 7.3 related!

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
Reactions: Lt.Dan

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
...and, then, this monstrosity:

Posting didn't work. The attachment below should work fine.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
You could just buy the books for each truck
That would be much more helpful and easier during the project
eBay should have what you need for around $120

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just realized that you might be asking for the '05 wiring diagrams. You can find the '04 diagrams in my comments near the end of this thread here:

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-diesel-discussion/1252538-wiring-question.html

Those '04 diagrams include other engines so be sure to look for the 6.0 sections.
Thanks for sharing those! I actually had some of those downloaded from finding your previous posts. My only worry is the 2000 and 2005 wiring is already looking very different, so I'm not sure if 2002 and 2004 diagrams are going to help or hurt haha. Would you happen to have those specific years? Otherwise I think I'm going to purchase shop manuals for the two years as mentioned.

Reactions: BigRed0202

·
Registered
470 Posts
i've foudn the various diagrams I've located online that claim to be for 2002 don't actually match my truck.

the Ford 2002 Superduty Wiring book I bought on ebay, however, is complete and quite correct.

(Edit) AH. those first 3 PDFs are a significant portion of the book! but its missing a lot of chapters on body stuff.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The instrument panel on these trucks is a computer module that communicates with the PCM and other modules... good luck mating a 2005 ICM with a 2000 PCM and VSF without deep knowlege of ford firmware and such. they all talk over various data networks, and all their firmware has to be flashed to match the application.

Reactions: BigRed0202

·
Registered
142 Posts
The instrument panel on these trucks is a computer module that communicates with the PCM and other modules... good luck mating a 2005 ICM with a 2000 PCM and VSF without deep knowlege of ford firmware and such. they all talk over various data networks, and all their firmware has to be flashed to match the application.

It would suck to do all that
Probably easier to go ahead and swap in the entire drive train too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,731 Posts
... Would you happen to have those specific years? ...
I don't. That's as close as I've got.

The instrument panel on these trucks is a computer module that communicates with the PCM and other modules... ...
Yes to this. When I read "switch the dash" in the original post, I did not assume cluster. ...just dash.

In my mind, clusters stay with PCMs stay with drivetrains. It stinks, but interfacing any of those three from a different vehicle type is almost impossible.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Correct, and an expert on those I am not! The cluster, PCM and all main wiring will remain original. I only need to adapt the existing wiring to the 05 headlight switch and power windows/locks. I might attempt the HVAC controls depending on what things look like.

I'd like to get the AUX switches working and I'm sure there will be little things here and there.

I ended up buying the books for the 2000 and 2006 so hopefully those have everything I'd need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts