Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 with 118K has a rpm based noise that sounds like it has a loud supercharger. seems to be coming from the turbos....which have been replaced 10K ago.
It sounds nice lol..but i dont thing its normal. is at its loudest when i push the throttle 75%...and with 20-30lbs of boost.
The truck drives absolutely fine.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Could you post a video of the sound?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
i know what your talking about. pretty sure thats normal. or atleast every 6.4 i have rode in has done it

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does it make the noise when your getting on the throttle and you can hear it again when you let off? Almost like a whine? I just bought a 2010 6.4 and have the same issue interested to see what everyone thinks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, when the boost goes up, its a VERY loud whine. i took it to my diesel mechanic that replaced the turbos, and he said its possible i have a leak..

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
if it didnt do it before but it does now then its not normal. could be up pipe leake (im just guessing) check for black soot behind the turbos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.