Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i am wondering if its worth doing dynamat or hush mat in my excursion. What are the advantages and about how much will it cost? And are there any how to threads on it because i can't find any.

Thanks Guys

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ok i am wondering if its worth doing dynamat or hush mat in my excursion. What are the advantages and about how much will it cost? And are there any how to threads on it because i can't find any.

Thanks Guys
I am looking to do the same thing in my 2005 X. I do not really have how-tos necessarily but have seen a future pics floating around... I have been looking at something like this B-Quiet sound deadening materials - B-Quiet Ultimate - Better than Dynamat!! brownbread, about $136.99 for 50 sq ft. which should cover at least the front part of the floor of the X:

Seems pretty straight forward... The only thing I think it would be good to tackle while you are doing this is replacing the body mounts.

Side Q: What type of mileage do you get with that econo tune?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hand calculated for only 20 gal was 17.4 the cts was saying 18. But ill know better after I get it back together. Im eating din right now I just came in from.working on studs. When I finish them I will have also added the ficm atlas 40 tune also by the time she starts up again. Actually a ton of stuff will be new and differe. Im praying for 18 or as high as 22 but time will tell I guess.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I used Fatmat on teh doors of my s10, Greatly reduced road noise. Imma do teh same on teh crew cab.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts