Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be sound deadning my truck here in the next few weeks. Im am trying to make the cab as quiet as possible from outside noise and also going to upgrade the factory audio equipment to make the music more audible I guess you could say. Right now it takes a sec for me to understand the words on certain genres.

What would yall recommend for sound deadning the cab? What audio componets are you using? What do you think sounds the best? Who has the best clarity and price?

·
Registered
453 Posts
There is a material called dynamat that is really good for both helping keep your stereo music inside, as well as keeping road noise down, most audio shops around here have it, you can also find it online.

The Official Dynamat Website

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya dynamat is over priced though. YOu basically pay extra for the name. Thanks for the input

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
There is another company out there thats just as good as dynmat but i cant remember the name so heres a bump

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
hey bud this is what im gonna use on my floors 50^ Ft FatMat Auto Sound Deadener + Dynamat Roller - (eBay.ca item 370061073179 end time 25-Jun-08 22:04:42 EDT)
on the walls and ceiling though im gonna use dynamat.. i have heard that the fatmat in extreme heat will not hold and start slipping.... i know the dynamat doesnt..... but since how cheap the fatmat is you can buy that role and do 2 layers of it on the floor....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
263 Posts
do a google for "ramaudio", they have a good cost effective insulation system.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
PowerBass makes some very good speakers, and they wont break the bank. I have a bunch going in my truck to replace the Fusions...If I can ever schedule my own truck into the shop!

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many square feet do I need to do the floor, doors and back wall on a ext cab? I dont want to have a bunch of extra material

1 - 10 of 10 Posts