Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 422 Posts

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOTM October 20th 2012

Edited to provide new date.

For those who don't know what this is, Smoke on the Mountain was started in 2004 by some Dodge guys. Over the years it has evolved to include all makes of diesels. In the past we meet have met in Chehallis at Spiffy's (Exit 68) and convoy to the Johnson Ridge observatory. There is some discussion to not have breakfast at Spiffy's and just meet up somewhere near Chehallis. On the way to Johnson Ridge we stop at a food bank and make a donation. Please bring any non-perishable food item that you can. We also make a few other stops to stretch and take pics. Once we get to Johnson Ridge kind of goes thier own way. Some make lunch, take pictures, etc. A CB is handy to have but not required for this trip. Some of us are looking into camping that weekend somewhere near Exit 68.[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
I looked and I think that date got shut down and it seems to be moving into late Oct...

I just wanna make it:ranton:

I guess I better start my build now so I can make it there with my built engine:D

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
Where are you getting your date from Eli? There was nothing on NWFD today about it last I checked.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I check over there daily. I'll post here when they get a date. By the looks of the lack of posts I suspect it will be late in October like it has always been. After hunting season always seems to get the best turnout.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't seen the mountain the last two years. It was held on October 22nd last year. I just suggested October 20th for this year. We will see what happens.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Damn I havent made this run in a few years. I will certainly be there this year with a couple trucks at least.

Subscribed for more dates!

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like it is between Oct 20 and Oct 27.

For those that were not camping this past weekend, we discussed a campout along I-5 near the starting point (exit 68). Arrive Friday night, SOTM during the day on Saturday, fire Saturday night and head home Sunday morning. This would shorten the drive on Saturday for many of us.

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Yeah Scott I am in for sure on either of those dates.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am actually pulling for the 20th. My parents will be in town the weekend of the 27th and I have no idea how we would all go not to mention I will probably have a Halloween party to go to the 27th.

·
back to business
3,551 Posts
Well, both those dates suck for me. I leave town the 20th and get back the 27th :doh:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I definitely wont make the trip, I will be out of town for a month.

·
spool up that turbo!!
2,008 Posts
Subbed

iPhone auto correcting incorrectly like a boss

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I have edited the first post and thread title. For those that do not want to go back and look:

For those who don't know what this is, Smoke on the Mountain was started in 2004 by some Dodge guys. Over the years it has evolved to include all makes of diesels. In the past we meet have met in Chehallis at Spiffy's (Exit 68) and convoy to the Johnson Ridge observatory. There is some discussion to not have breakfast at Spiffy's and just meet up somewhere near Chehallis. On the way to Johnson Ridge we stop at a food bank and make a donation. Please bring any non-perishable food item that you can. We also make a few other stops to stretch and take pics. Once we get to Johnson Ridge kind of goes thier own way. Some make lunch, take pictures, etc. A CB is handy to have but not required for this trip. Some of us are looking into camping that weekend somewhere near Exit 68.[/QUOTE]

1 - 20 of 422 Posts