Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll make a long story short. Basically I was flagged around a Road Construction truck to find out the truck right infront of him was painting the lines. When i came back into the lane I crossed the white line and SPRAYED white paint all over the side of my truck. I'm talking all through the wheel wells, chrome nerf bars, stainless exhaust, and the back side of my mirror.

My question is has anyone tried to or been successful getting the state to pay for the damage or pay to get this removed. I'd like to make them do it or pay to get it done before I take the time and energy to do it myself.

By the way im in pennsylvania, so im dealing with Penn-Dot if anyone has experience with them.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
They should have a claims Dept. or person to take care of that for you.

W

·
0 Posts
yes call the claims dept and fill out all the paperwork needed. its not hard to get them to compensate you just time. i used to work for the local road com. happens all the time and they have to take care of it.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Sorry had to man yea the should take care of it happened to my dodge. sad thing was it helped it :doh::worthless[1]:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Sorry had to man yea the should take care of it happened to my dodge. sad thing was it helped it :doh::worthless[1]:
can you say run on sentence...:tard:

·
Registered
804 Posts
dman that suks but like he said...

pics please :D lol

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
your lucky if they help you out. My mom was driving down the road and a piece of rebar was sticking out of a curb, and when she made the curve, it slapped up against the side of her F150. They told her its no different than a pothole messing up a suspension. So they did not do a thing about it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
im from pa too and i hope you can get that fixed

·
Registered
436 Posts
Good luck man.

I would be highly pissed.

I hope you get fully compensated.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
my dad ran over paint in the middle of the road that fell off some truck a few cars ahead of him. he couldnt get out of the way. it was ALLLL over his truck. just like you are describing. He got the truck home and washed it but it didnt come off. he used some cleaner wax and just kept on it. it eventually came off. he scrubbed his wheel wells with a small deck brush it and it came off from there. anything plastic he was able to get off. exhaust took a little bit and the side of the truck was covered for a few weeks. he just kept washing and waxing it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts