Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had it w/ my pickup. I'm at my witts end! 2003 6.0 litre 163k. 4 door. FX4 package xlt 4x4. new HPOP both the pressure sensor and the IPC valve replaced 5K miles on them. EGR delete. new ball joints top and bottom. new axle u-joints on front end. went from running great to not shifting over night. so i thought maybe i had some plug that needed reseated. i reseated everything easy to get to and my batteries went dead. so i went and bought new batteries this morning. w/ the batteries in i test drove it and it wouldn't shift into 3rd at all. it has never done that before. i let the rpms hold at 3k for about 10 seconds and it just died. now it cranks really fast just like it did when the HPOP went out on me. wont start at all. somebody either tell me what to do or come get this thing for $8000.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sorry to hear about your streak of bad luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. when it rains it pours i guess. i need to walk away for a little while and get calm.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I feel for you. If you where in my area I would bring the beer over and help ya out.

Sent from my SGSIII running a custom ROM.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
beer

that's the best response i've seen. i wish you would have been closer too my fellow Ford enthusiast. thank you

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks to southend. i will follow that link and see if i can figure somthing out this morning. im calmed down a little after a good nights sleep and some coffee this morn in the cool weather.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a code reader but the engine has to be running i think. it's a cheaper one. is there any way i can get around that i wonder?

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
Doesn't need to be running just key on engine off. KOEO

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok. just loaded software on wifes laptop, (mine is gone now). fixing to go plug in and see what we've got. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok. no codes on OBDCOMII code reader. it's a cheaper one but it is communicatging and i got nothing. i dont know where to go from here other than to take it apart back down to HPOP and the sensor back there which i do not want to do. if i take it to the Ford dealership how much more could they tell me from putting it on their computer? would it be worth the money you think?

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
If its cranking really fast could be a compression issue.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hope not. It didn't make any mechanical noise when it died, just shut down. Makes me think the computer shut it down for some sort of an alarm but I should get a code w/ that I would think. I held it at 3k Rome ( may have said that already) when it died. Maybe high pressure.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I wouldnt just start throwing parts at it but my guess would be HPOP

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I'm going with ficm failure, icp pigtail damaged.
Google ficm test procedure. Did your inspect your icp pigtail when the icp was replaced? Disconnect icp and see if it cranks. You need to be able to read icp values and ficm values.

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i've been thinkin icp plug failure myself. i did have a hard time getting it plugged in when i put it back together from the hpop. i can't reach the silly thing. i actually got frustrated enough that i pulled it to the dealership in town and let them put it on their computer. it's worth $100 buck for someone to just give me the answere this time. i dont see how it could possibly be the pump/valve/or sensor themselves because they are so new but nothing would surprise me at this point. i should find out somthing from the Ford dealership monday and i'll keep you posted.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts