Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 06 KR is being a you know what lately. We all know how they can be lol. I have an Edge Insight Cts monitor and i noticed when i was getting in my truck the monitor was already on. I though hm thats weird. Truck started just fine battery voltage was around 13.4 ish. I worked at the fire department for 24hrs and the truck sat and at about 6 hours into the shift i go outside and notice the edge is on so i just disconnected it from the OBDII port. The next day leaving work i went to start truck around 9 volts and it was a kinda hard turnover. So i messaged a local guy i know at LFDP and he said he thought it was the edge but his problem was the door jam getting stuck open which was keeping his edge on when the truck was off. so i sprayed some WD-40 in there and decided id test my batterys because they may be bad. batterys running 13.8ish the alt was about 13.7 to 13.8 with truck running and batterys around 12.7 with truck being off. connections look good. Sometimes its hard to turn over and sometimes is perfectly fine. Idk what else to do. Any tips??
Thanks fellas

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
the starter could be on it`s way out. JMO, might have it tested. If it is bad i would upgrade to the 6.4 starter for a 2009, it cranks faster which will get you a quicker start. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the starter could be on it`s way out. JMO, might have it tested. If it is bad i would upgrade to the 6.4 starter for a 2009, it cranks faster which will get you a quicker start. Hope this helps.
But something is sucking power?

·
Premium Member
1,676 Posts
I know with my truck if u leave the interior lights on they will auto go off on their own. With that said you will have to check for a back feed through a ground possibly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know with my truck if u leave the interior lights on they will auto go off on their own. With that said you will have to check for a back feed through a ground possibly.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Im going to put a volt meter on the fuses and check there. I just dont know if my alt sometimes works and sometimes it does not. It might be it. Truck starts fine if the battery has voltage like it should

·
Registered
673 Posts
what's the deal with the door jams because mine does something similar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts