Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone got out tonight to do some street testing using the Gtech SS , if anyone isnt familar with this unit its pretty accurate and in the past with my Buick GN ive found it to be within 2-3 tenths of a second to the track . Anyway Air temp here in NY is 55 deg. ran my F350 2005 Crew cab short bed , full tank of fuel . All runs in 4 wheel drive unlocked . Truck has PPE tuner set @ level 7 which claims 141 hp tune , "Green" stock type replacement air filter , MBRP 5inch turbo back exhaust no cat and The Spearco intercooler . First run was just flooring it no brake boost 16.18 @ 85.5 Mph i was slow off the light and hesitated getting on the pedal . Second run was similair 16.00 @ 88.9 mph . Third run i brake boosted to around 10psi max [email protected] mph . The final run was again brake bosted to about 10 psi max 15.20 @88.5 mph. Using a an online program with a 7500 weight ( I weigh 235) full tank about 130lbs , I dont know if that weight is accurate it may be more or less im thinking more , the truck makes from using an average from the ET computation method and or trap speed around 425 RWHP , i belive this computation estimate is going to put RWHP higher than actuality as i plugged in some numbers from other trucks with times trap speeds and dyno numbers . The EGTS were 1350-80 max toward end of 1/4 and actually started dropping on the last run when i stayed in it past the 1/4 to 1310 . I ordered the AFE Stage 2 (one with the battery next to the filter) today and will report back the results on 1/4 mile and EGTS after its in .

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
A g-tech is pretty close for what it is, but there is no substitute for the track.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Not bad numbers. To give you a weight comparision if I may. My CC LB weighs at daily driving ~7880 with a full tank and me (150lbs)...race weight (empty truck, 1/4 tank, no spare and empty toolbox) is about 7700.

I don't watch the boost as much as I watch RPMs. Most of the 6.0s sweet spots are around 2000 RPMs give/take a 100 or 2.:thumb:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks , in this post i tried to provide as much info as possible to give anyone who cares a full account of the results and the means of getting there . I hate whan you get half the story ...like the "guy" who went 13flat but forgot to mention hes running 50psi and a upgraded turbo , your wondering why your truck with just the Air filter dosnt go as fast you know

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Not bad numbers. To give you a weight comparision if I may. My CC LB weighs at daily driving ~7880 with a full tank and me (150lbs)...race weight (empty truck, 1/4 tank, no spare and empty toolbox) is about 7700.

I don't watch the boost as much as I watch RPMs. Most of the 6.0s sweet spots are around 2000 RPMs give/take a 100 or 2.:thumb:
Im revving to 2k but sometimes it rolls through the brakes is there anything i could do to prevent it? Besides spooling slow so it wont hit full boost.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Galoush, you gave a very good detailed report.:thumb: Sometimes I wish everyone was as thorough.:nod::hehe::hehe:

Haro, I've had my truck "push" through the brakes also. I usually just bring the RPMs up easy, and also really have to stand on the brakes even more recently. If you can, try anywhere from 1700-1900. I have been experimenting in that 1700-2100 range myself. I'll let ya know next time I try andrew what the results are.:thumb:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DKR looks like your making some power there .......... ill have to test the Programer on the 200hp setting , i dont want to leave it there though for daily use im afraid it will toast the tranny or screw something else up ( my motor isnt studed im not sure what boost that program runs ) . Im going to a track rental at the end of this month with My Buick ...i may try to do a pass or two with the Pickup :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts