Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 F350 with a solid bench. I'm looking to buy a 40/20/40 bench tonight. Just wondering if this will be a direct swap or will I have to drill holes or anything? Please let me know. Thanks. Also if anyone wants the solid bench for any reason let me know. I'm in the central PA area. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? Help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also the other I just seen was the bench is held in with star bolts. Anybody know what size they are? I don't have one big enough so I'll probably end up having to go buy one.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Hey brother. I have a 2002 F250 I have been wanting to do the same swap out for. As far as I have found so far; it is a straight swap. The holes are already there for the extra legs on the center section. The problem I have run into is getting the 40/20/40 seat. They disappear out of the junk yards before I can get to them. I not sure about the star size. I'll have to go back and double check it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Its a T55, just took one of my seats out last week

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Hey Stroking, I notice you have a TS chip by Tony Wildman. How do you like it?

·
Registered
219 Posts
For a chip that you can buy over the internet i really like it, only thing i dont like about it is that my shift point for OD is at around 52mph, i wish it was set to lock up a little sooner

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Ok, thanks so much. Mine seems to shift a bit late too even stock. Does it help any with fuel mileage?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea man I've been searching for two weeks straight and finally found one about an hour away. Yea it was a t55 also. Forgot to post i figured that out. Also yea it is a pretty straight swap, holes are already there. I don't think there are holes upfront for the center console seat though so I will have to drill 2 holes. No big deal. I went out and bought 4 bolts 2 washers and 2 nuts for the center console since I ended up using the bolts for the 2 40 seats. By far way more comfortable then the solid bench. Also my 10 month old son can fit in the back no problem now. That was the main reason I been wanting to do this swap.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Hey Brother! That's great! Congratulations! Especially since you can get your child in there with you now. That's what it's all about! Enjoy it my friend. I'll keep searching for mine. At this point, I don't care what color it is either. HA!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yeah I think seats up to a 2007 bolt in directly

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Torx size is actuly T55 plus. A little bigger than std T55 and smaller than T60. Edges are a little more rounded too. Std T55 will work unless the bolt is stubborn and it will strip out.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts