Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I gather it's different groups of builds in a model years? I hear the job 1 08's had the issue with the radiators leaking and needing a change to a hose. What are the cutoff dates for these "job's" and what all was changed with each one? I'm new to all this so anything that you may think is basic knowledge is all new to me so feel free to throw out anything you may know. Looking to buy my first diesel truck and trying to know what I'm doing before I spend this much $.

I'm very familiar with cars and gasoline motor's and have been in the drag racing community for years, but I'm out of my element with the diesels. Thanks for anyones help!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
More than just the job 1s had radiator problems.

Job 2s got a larger front air dam thats supposed to help with freeway economy, but doesn't really (doesn't at all lifted either).

Job 2s received an internal tranny filter.

Job 3s saw the standard gearing dropped from 3.73 to 3.55.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The 3.55 rear end is only available for with the Torqshift I believe though. But hey, how many ZF-6 08's are there? Very few. Don't all three jobs have different software too? I remember reading last year that it was common to have to get the reflash for the ecm to cure various problems. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just going off of what I've read here and on Ford.

Welcome to the org and good luck with your purchase!:icon_ford:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
The 3.55 rear end is only available for with the Torqshift I believe though. But hey, how many ZF-6 08's are there? Very few. Don't all three jobs have different software too? I remember reading last year that it was common to have to get the reflash for the ecm to cure various problems. Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just going off of what I've read here and on Ford.

Welcome to the org and good luck with your purchase!:icon_ford:
All of the job #s are illegible for the reflashing so I didn't include that. The Job one TCM is different than the later ones too, and apparently hader to do aftermarket programming.

·
Registered
94 Posts
All of the job #s are illegible for the reflashing so I didn't include that. The Job one TCM is different than the later ones too, and apparently hader to do aftermarket programming.
You can still switch out the TCM with the Spartan TCM right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts