Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I know almost jack squat about the 7.3's other than the basic stuff but all my buddies have them. Anyways my one buddy has a 99 on 4" lift and 35"s and pretty soon hes planning to bump up the hp so to speak. From what he told me he's getting a new ats single-disk tq, shift kit, dp tuner, gauges, afe intake, and the biggest single shot injectors he can get (200somethings i think). He doesnt plan to get a new turbo yet but his stocker was rebuilt not to long ago. Anywho Im just curious how much hp/how fast his rig would be? If its anything like a cummins then I would think he would be running pretty hot with the bigger injectors and no turbo upgrade is that about right? Im just curious if ive got anything to worry about or not. Thanks ahead of time for the help

·
Registered
39 Posts
the turbo will die when used very many times anywhere from the 30-35 psi range. he needs to upgrade his turbo if he plans on getting on it. id say hed be better off selling that turbo while its good and getting a 38r or another upgraded turbo

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya i kinda figured on that. He wants to upgrade the turbo eventually but I dont think for a while

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
He will want to upgrade it sooner than he thinks. And if he doesn't upgrade the High Pressure Oil Pump those massive injectors won't shoot all that fuel either. Hope he's gonna open the exhaust a little too.

G

·
that single disk TC will not like the extra power either... save the money there and get a built trans from BTS... and the stocker WILL die

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya I forgot to mention he already has a 4" exhaust and he figures that when the tranny does go (though he thinks it will never go cause its a ford) then he's having the local diesel shop build him one. I guess he's got more stuff to do then he was originally thinking.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,759 Posts
First off he should go with hybrid injectors. Then he won't have to upgrade the hpop. He will need exhaust, custom tunes, and he will need a turbo. He may also need a fuel supply pump.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Alright im reviving this thread from the dead. So my buddy called the local psd shop and his plans have changed a little he is getting a set of smaller injectors (200cc) and a duel hpop (from either airdog or fass?? I didnt think they made those) later this year and later this month a shift kit, dp tuner, afe intake, deepdish magtech pan, isspro gauges, and he is just going to wait for the tranny to go and then he's buying a fully built ats with the triple-disc. He's expecting he'll have about 400hp and is determined to compete with me from now on. Kinda like a hp war. Anyways im just curious what he's going to make? Btw there is a local guy claiming to make 800hp on #2 only on the stock motor with nothing but headstuds added with nitrous being sprayed on top of it too? Sounds like bs to me but then again i havent seen his truck but the local 7.3 guys are thinking hes god. Its a 2000 too btw. So it there any truth to his claims? Thanks again for all the help

·
Registered
681 Posts
Alright im reviving this thread from the dead. So my buddy called the local psd shop and his plans have changed a little he is getting a set of smaller injectors (200cc) and a duel hpop (from either airdog or fass?? I didnt think they made those) later this year and later this month a shift kit, dp tuner, afe intake, deepdish magtech pan, isspro gauges, and he is just going to wait for the tranny to go and then he's buying a fully built ats with the triple-disc. He's expecting he'll have about 400hp and is determined to compete with me from now on. Kinda like a hp war. Anyways im just curious what he's going to make? Btw there is a local guy claiming to make 800hp on #2 only on the stock motor with nothing but headstuds added with nitrous being sprayed on top of it too? Sounds like bs to me but then again i havent seen his truck but the local 7.3 guys are thinking hes god. Its a 2000 too btw. So it there any truth to his claims? Thanks again for all the help
LOL at the 800 hp guy:rofl::rofl::hehe::hehe::hehe::rofl::rofl:

·
International Threat
13,085 Posts
WOW some very uneducated individuals.

Wonder how that 800 hp truck would run against my 600+ hp truck?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol oh you have no idea on the uneducated part. One of the guys i hangout with who is friends with the *800hp #2 only 7.3* told me I needed titanium valves for my cummins and that I could easily spool a 100mm turbo on the street. Its kinda scary really since they all own diesels themselves. Im pretty sure my dads 6.0 would probably suprise him

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright well im reviving this yet again. It turns out that they were a little off on the 800hp 7.3 but not by much. It turns out he made 680hp on #2 only with 355 inj, big single turbo, headstuds, STOCK SHORT BLOCK, and a couple other little things. He sprays nitrous on top of it too to push him over the 800hp all on the stock block that is daily driven, sled pulled, and drag raced. Pretty amazing if you ask me

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Damn, I think that will catch a few folks on here off guard lol.

·
a truck
13,142 Posts
No matter what the other guy made

Your friend is still very uneducated with all the stuff he is talking about putting on his 7.3 and no fass or airdog does not make HPOPs

·
Registered
392 Posts
Alright well im reviving this yet again. It turns out that they were a little off on the 800hp 7.3 but not by much. It turns out he made 680hp on #2 only with 355 inj, big single turbo, headstuds, STOCK SHORT BLOCK, and a couple other little things. He sprays nitrous on top of it too to push him over the 800hp all on the stock block that is daily driven, sled pulled, and drag raced. Pretty amazing if you ask me
is it a maroon regular cab? if so, dont mess with it you'll get your *** handed to you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha so yal know brian do ya? Ya i saw his last run of 11.11 which is pretty quick. ya he just switched to the built motor though it was stock making those #s not to long ago.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.