Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just lurking around, i have one of the OBS 7.3's. looking around on the boards it just seems alot of guys are having issues with brand new trucks. does it just seem worse than it is, or has the new 6.7 been giving people headaches? obviously its gotta be great to have a new truck, but not so great to have issues with it. wondering what the general consensus among the owners is? thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great so far, month tomorrow no issues

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Love mine. 3 weeks ownership, and my only problem is I am getting too much attention while driving it. 16mpg around town and 20 on the freeway, I can't complain.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Your going to see alot of people turn to forums when they have problems. If everyone logged on to just post how much they like there truck or trouble free miles they have it would be hard to find a thread where somone was complaining. I have a feeling if you got a new 6.7 your 7.3 would soon be collecting a lot of dust

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I have a job one production. except for a few bugs. its great truck, money well spent.: icon_ford:

·
Registered
119 Posts
27k Trouble free miles. Love mine!

·
Registered
88 Posts
One year and two months with 44k& change on the meter no issues or complaints as of yet.

Sent from my iPad using Autoguide

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok.. so its not as bad as I've guessed.. I scaned over a few posts and read people talking about dropping turbos every 10k, and some other stuff I cant remember right now. Glad to hear the people that posted have not had any issues.. and I got news for ya, if I had a new ANYTHING my 7.3 would be collecting alot of dust..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine is new, and had a DEF issue that appears to have corrected itself. It's an awesome truck all the way around. I am very happy with my 6.0 so the bar was really high coming into this one.

·
Registered
181 Posts
mine has 5600 miles and had the same issues as bonesman but had to be corrected by dealer, so far i love the truck, the attention too

·
Registered
776 Posts
7500 miles. It's awesome! I come from a family that had many 7.3s. My Dad really loves my new truck. No issues for me. Good mileage. And...like others said...lots of attention. I swear I'd get less attention in a Ferrari.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Keep it stock or mildly tuned, and it will be a very serviceable engine with power and great mileage. Very smooth, very quiet and a really nice engine, but it's no 6.4L.

The 6.7L suffers from a weak fuel system and poor rail volume flow when tuned, and can not sustain a flat or high torque curve for more than a few seconds.
It suffers from weak rods and wrist pins that will fail under aftermarket turbos and heavy boost.
It's an engine engineered and designed to run stock. Mess with big turbos, and you will have multiple windows in your block. If you think that an extra 300 hp is easily available like the superior 6.4L, you are mistaken.

I plan on ordering a 14', and will be happy with a Spartan Tune and an exhaust, and I will miss the 1,200 lb's of torque at my tippy toes like my 6.4L offers up easily every day.

·
Registered
65 Posts
my 6.7

I got my 6.7 at the end of May other than a def message no problems did a trip from L.A. Ca. to Fla towing my 5th wheel averaged 12 mpg what a great truck. My OBS 7.3 is gathering dust but i just cant get rid of such a good truck witth 300 k trouble free miles.............

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yea not too many people go on a forum just to say I have no problems and love my truck! Its the exact opposite.. Also any truck, car, whatever will have some lemons. Also they are mechanical they are bound to break at some point in time.
Ive had my 6.7 for about four months now, but I really don't drive it much.All Ill say is the engine and trans are insane!! And just the over all truck has been improved. The ride is smooth I cant get over how they can get a 1 ton dually to ride like a car

·
Registered
217 Posts
George C, thats definitely one of the more uneducated posts ive read. All engines from factory are designed to run stock, if you think spartan has paid even a 10th the amount of money that ford, cummins, or gmc/izuzu has put into there r&d programs to design these engines then you truly have no idea. Im sure blowing all that black smoke and giving diesel owners a bad name is enjoyable for you

·
Registered
774 Posts
47,000+ miles on her and I have to say this is the best truck and diesel I have ever owned. Sure there has been some minor chicken**** issues but I haven't owned a truck that hasn't had them, they all do. I wouldn't think twice about buying one or another one in my case. Regarding the HP/Tor I never once wished there was more, nor had I had the urge to modify it to get more like with all my other diesel trucks. You will not be disappointed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts