Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know theres so many posts out there praising the SCT and its custom tunes, but even without the custom tunes, the X3 kicks @$s :thumb: i was running the Diablosport Predator (before i started religiously reading here at the org), got a MPG or so, but it shifted horrendous, and the EGTs were through the roof. the sct canned tunes are running on average 100-250* cooler than my Predator tunes were. granted it was the older version for the 03 6.0, but after reading the forum they have for support, alot of people were having problems with the updated versions, and to me, it wasnt worth it, especially after all the reviews here for the SCT and the X3 :thumb:
well, heres another +1 for the :sct:
i cant wait to get the tunes from eric! :burnout:

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
Congrats, bud and welcome to the club! I think you will enjoy your IDP tunes.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Just wait for the IDP tunes and then report back... I love mine.

·
Registered
999 Posts
yep i been running extremme race everyday know

Matt

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Eric does a great job tuning these motors. I have had over 40 thousand miles on my tunes and it never comes off extreme street.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone using the "jake brake" (im assuming same as turbo brake?) function? are there any harms to it on the 6.0's? lots of hilly terrain here in the northeast that i travel every day, wonder if it would help prolong brake life as opposed to hurting the motor?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just in time, also, im starting to be able to drive again after breaking my big toe on the go-pedal-side :doh: been sore to stomp on it, but maybe id be better off that way :hehe: should be better tomorrow, now that Eric's tunes have arrived in my inbox :sly:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts