Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a new one here. Today I was driving home and had to smash a Durachoke, and after my quick run I noticed my truck was not shifting quite right. So, when I got home, I used my H&S to check for codes. To my surprise there were no tranny codes....However, my motor threw the P1260 code (P1260 code:theft detected, engine dissabled)? My truck never shut down....I cleared the code and all is well now?

I searched high and low here and on other forums. All I can find is most people who had the same code could not start / restart thier trucks. I had no problem?

Any ideas? :dunno:

Thanks,
Turbo Kidd

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on, nobody has an idea for me? Is this that odd and rare of an issue?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Give the truck back. :rofl:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have seen this when someone opens the door with the window down from the outside in. Or use the key pad to open it with ot running.

·
Registered
172 Posts
If I remember correctly that code is one of two things. 1st the unusual reason. I believe it would happen because of the way the tunes had to override the speed limiter and that would cause the Theft code. The more common cause for that code is Fords "PATS" security system.

I've attached FORDS procedure to fix your issue if its a PATS problem.

Good luck,

Dom

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
? I'm not sure what you mean? Seems like I asked a fairly straight question, did I miss something?
Yeah he's implying that you stole the truck and thats why you have that code. :tard: I thought it was mildly amusing :D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Give the truck back. :rofl:
OK, I got it now....Sorry, I'm slow....buy my truck is fast LOL. I just missed it.

Thanks for the scoop guys. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
haha, yea was just making a funny. Have no idea why it would throw that code. :dunno:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha, yea was just making a funny. Have no idea why it would throw that code. :dunno:
No problem. :) I was so mad with my truck, I looked right passed the humor. On a serious side, my truck seems to be fine? I have been checking for codes every time I park it, and so far so good. I wish I knew what caused it to throw that P1260 code in the first place?

To all who have given me feedback and jokes, thank for your help. :D

*Note: I'm still curious, so if anyone else has some input, please share.

Thanks!
Turbo Kidd

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
No telling with a ford man. I used to have an 03 Eddie Bauer Expedition that would just tell me doors were ajar or the rear hatch was open periodically. I'd pull over and slam whichever one it told me and I could hear the truck laughing when I got back in.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The P1260 strikes again.....My truck is making 1 PSI of boost at a dead stop, which I know is not that big of a deal. However, I decided to check for codes and the P1260 was there again. I cleared it and now all is good again and the truck started right up?

Does anyone have any input on why this code may have been thrown again after all this time?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I have no backround on this code but have you tried a different key, maybe yours could be getting somewhat worn?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have no backround on this code but have you tried a different key, maybe yours could be getting somewhat worn?
Funny you should bring that up....I was thinking the same thing. My truck has only done this twice....Once in 2012 when I first started this thread and then the other day.....both for no reason :dunno:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it might not hurt to program back to stock and then reload your tune.
Thanks for the idea, however I already did that. Who knows maybe it will help? It hasn't happened since I cleared the code.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts