Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is gong to sound dumb at first..but i've seen it done!! Tinting the front windshield..not really tinting but putting a finish on it really... like an orangey kinda oil slick type texture..it's hard to explain but i'm wondering what to use. i'll find a picture!!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
In most states it is illegal to put anything on the front windshield.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.bilnyheter.no/Nissantitan.jpg theres what im going after..

ya i know it's illegal but im kinda tempted to do it anyways just cause there's some kiddin runnin around with like..pretty much 5% on his windshield and getting away with it.

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,885 Posts
That kind of tint is for RICERS :cowboy:

·
Registered
492 Posts
i take exception to that. i had 5 or 10 on my windshield. it was done professionally. they will usually only take cash because it is illegal. i paid 100 for mine to get done when they did the rest of the windows. i live in vegas so cars get exceptionally hot on the inside and since it doesn't fit in the garage it seemed like a good idea. the only thing i didn't like about it was i put a small amount of glare in the windshield when driving at night. not enough to not do it but you notice it. you also get use to it.
i will be getting my new one done soon.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i had a bronco that i tinted the front wind shield on. i had no problems with the law but hard to see out of, especially at night. would never do it again.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
mine was tinted up front and yes its very hard to see at night. i took it off. looks good tho

·
Registered
492 Posts
i never had a problem seeing at night. mine wasn't very dark though. i think the lightest the shop had. it added just enough. i also hate wearing sunglasses too so it was even better for me. i do drive mainly around a well lit city so maybe i just never noticed the visibility

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
The shop that did mine here does it and plan on going back to get 50% on the front, looked really nice on the vehicles that had it there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts