Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little update. After many forum posts about "backyard" filtering I finally ran my first filtered batch of veg in my '95 PSD. Today I had to go down to the armpit of Los Angeles. It was about a 50 minute drive each way. I ran veg down and back with no problems. Truck ran great and I am always trying to get a whiff from the exhaust. Thanks Clay and everyone else for the help. :thumb::woot:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Congrats!

It was kinda anticlimactic wasn't it...you switch over and nothing happens...the truck just keeps on going as usual hu? :hehe:
What system did you put on, i can't remember...a Vegistroke?

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
What system did you put on, i can't remember...a Vegistroke?
Oh i remember, you have the lovecraft system.
If you can, check your fuel temps. at the nearest point to the injectors and make sure you have at least 160*. If not, i would recommend adding a heat exchanger to the system.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I have the .............um.. umm. lovecraft. Bought the truck with it. As I am in So. Cal I will run the current system until the end of summer and the do some mods to it. But on a different note YES it was kinda anti-climactic (my wife knows all about that). I drove by 1 gas station and diesel was pegged @ $4.55. So as I passed by I just smiled and never looked back. Hey Clay, what is a good way to clean that "butter" out from the inside of my 5 micron socks?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts