Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think I know this answer just double checking before I go snipping wires, but the III stage comes with like 5 stupid wires out the side (ground, power, pyro connection, boost line, pump/solenoid line) So Im using the upfitter switch so Im gonna snip off the black ground, and I don't want 3 stupid boost gauges in my face (stock, and issopro) So can I just snip that and snip off the pryo connections (already have a pyro gauge). Im assuming the only control im gonna use is the Low, Med, High settings within the controller itself, I have no intrest in viewing the charts on EGTs/Boost etc. Anyone else do this?

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
well never installed one myself... but doesn't the Stage III like you have you can have it start the injection process by either boost or pyro or which ever one gets there first? if so... don't you think you would have to have it connected for it would know when to start the injection process??:dunno:

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
well just went to snowperformance.net and this what I just found:

The Stage 3 Diesel Boost Coolers™ are the most comprehensive water-methanol injection kits Snow Performance makes. This controller senses not only manifold boost pressure but also exhaust gas temperatures. Using two inputs allows for the smoothest injection control. More importantly, it also keeps the EGTs as low as possible – if they begin to climb, even if the boost stays constant, the Stage 3 controller will read this and inject more water-methanol to compensate. The adjustments to the delivery on the fly are accomplished with two easy-to-use push buttons, allowing for more or less injection, or switching from both boost & EGT referenced injection (smoothest, best for towing and EGT control) to just boost referenced injection (most responsive, best for performance and racing).

soo to me it looks like your gonna need to have them both connected...

·
Registered
143 Posts
You are right install one a week or so ago. Works great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts