Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone

Anyone running snow tires on their rig? I live in a area where we get 400 to 500 inches of snow a season so some kind of snow tire is a must. This is my first winter with this truck so not sure which way to go. On my SUV i had studless Blizzaks that outperformed any studded tire hands down. I know I'll probably have to chain up when I plow no matter what, but I don't want to be taking chains on and off every time I leave the house.

Anyone tried Blizzaks or Hakkapeliitas on a Super Duty?

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac

·
Registered
293 Posts
x2....I'm pretty picky with tires for whatever vehicle I have. Each will perform different with a particular tire. I think the GY Dura trac is a pretty good match for the SD in all types of snow, at least in my experience.

·
Registered
353 Posts
x2....I'm pretty picky with tires for whatever vehicle I have. Each will perform different with a particular tire. I think the GY Dura trac is a pretty good match for the SD in all types of snow, at least in my experience.
x3 .... Great tires

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm in utah too close to the same area and this is good info since the dealership I bought my truck from is puttin tire on the truck. They have asked if I have any preference so maybe I'll try to get them to put some duratrac's on it.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
I use Blizzaks every winter on my Excursion and it makes a huge difference on ice. I found that most open lug tires will do fairly well in snow but I think good ice traction is more important.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys...I'll have to take a look at the duratracs. Term3 what kind of wear do you get on the Blizzaks? Just wondering on such a heavy vehicle with such soft tires. One season or multiple?

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Thanks Guys...I'll have to take a look at the duratracs. Term3 what kind of wear do you get on the Blizzaks? Just wondering on such a heavy vehicle with such soft tires. One season or multiple?
I've just had them on two winters, like five to six months of snow :( I do 3/4 highway driving averaging 100-150 k a day and I've had very little wear on them. Keep in mind that only the the first third (don't recall the exact percentage) is made of the soft ice gripping rubber after the is worn off you are left with regular winter tire rubber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts