Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the snow stage 2 installed. I need a reostat for the water injection starting PSI, the one I got is stripped out. Can I get this at radioshack or what? I am retarded with electronics.

I know it is set higher than 10psi because I spooled up to ten and it did not kick on. I can't go much over 10 and hold it still. So for now I am running it with a momentary on off switch. This brings me to my next question, does the snow controller have variable speed output for the pump? or is it on and off? Why do they have a start PSI and a Max Flo PSI if it is not variable speed.

Running two injectors welded into my SS intake manifold, I assume they are the larger size based on the truck I bought it from. I filled the reserve tank half full ran it 10 miles and emptied the tank. I only injected water at 20PSI+ at first. I started injecting at 10PSI and did not notice and bucking or combustion quench.

There is no gain as far a noticable HP but I need to fix my pyrometer wire to see if there is an advantage in cooling. This is running washer fluid with 15% methanol. Is it safe to run 50/50? I do not need the cooling yet, but I want to fugure it out before I finish the forged build.

Alot of question I know, any input appreciated.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wrong about the power thing above. This thing kicks a$$! I quess I was not filling it up enough to get full flow, it must have been pulling air with the water. I can not use the controller because I can't adjust the starting boost level. I am just running it on off. As long as I have more than 7psi boost It takes off like you are giving it more pedal, adds 8-10psi without more pedal then when you let off it goes back to normal.

I am just running washer fluid now, what will 50/50 do? That would really be bad a$$.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts