Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving a snow plow from a Gasoline Pickup with one battery to a 2011 F250 SD 6.7l with two batteries. Which battery should the plow motor be wired to?
My gut tells me it would be the starter battery, Left side, but it would be easier to connect to the right side battery.

Thanks for any help.
Dave

·
Registered
155 Posts
Technically they are tied together so they are seen as 1 bigger battery by the truck. Passenger side is normally thought of as the primary, drivers side, secondary. I believe the alternator connects to the passenger side, then that battery is connected via cables to the drivers side. There probably is a little more charging loss to the driver side but in the end it's probably negligible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Technically they are tied together so they are seen as 1 bigger battery by the truck. Passenger side is normally thought of as the primary, drivers side, secondary. I believe the alternator connects to the passenger side, then that battery is connected via cables to the drivers side. There probably is a little more charging loss to the driver side but in the end it's probably negligible.
Thanks for the reply, I called a local Meyers dealer and the local Ford dealer and they both said it doesn't matter.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts