Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love snow wheeling and I'm really looking forward to doing some this winter with the new f250. I wheeled the crap out of my f150 and looking forward to the 250. Post some pix

Mine is the blue f150

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Only one I have, with my old crappy 33's:

Same spot, but with my 35's:

And my hunting rig when there's less than 6" of fresh powder:

Also, have fun getting stuck. 8,000lb trucks dont do well in deep stuff or mucky stuff unless there's a solid pack underneath. I've taken my truck off the road and into fields and streams plenty of times for hunting/farm work, but be forewarned they get stuck very easily.

And second, I hope you have tractor you bring with you incase you get stuck. None of those trucks in that video are going to move an 8,000lb truck stuck in deep, heavy snow.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Leave the ford at the bottom of the mountain and get to the top with one of these!

It all about weight, you need to float. I have 0 PSI in my tires in this pic.

Our rigs are way too heavy for anything deeper than a couple feet

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I guess I'll just have to see how it does... I have a 12000lb winch for the truck and my other buddy has a 12000lb winch too. But if not then I think its time to look for a another wrangler for a weekend wheeler

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Oh a winch is great... because your gonna need it. Make sure you aren't further out than your winch goes or your gonna have a really bad day :thumb:

·
Registered
805 Posts
And a good idea might be to grab a snatch block, an 8,000 LB rig burried to its axles could easily require more than 12K LB of pulling power. Extra line is helpful also for those times like 305 said, wich line just aint long enough!

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
lol snatch block. those things suck *** trying to winch them along with a comealong.

Thats why I said have a tractor or two handy though hehe

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha yeah, I don't plan getting off a main covered road..... But where I live, we could see snow next month so I'll make sure and to film it haha

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
It's already 40's here in ski country. We're gonna get hammered this winter... I can smell. it.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
We typically get our first snow on holloween night. Dont ask why, but it's been that way for years (minus last year.. last year sucked ***). But this year i've been seeing my breath in the morning ride to work for a few weeks already.

Was a nice '150 btw. I had a white fx4 2002 f150. Nice rancho lift, 32's, lsd rear, 5.4, single cab, short box.... amazing truck. Would haul *** too. Too bad it got 12mpg on a good day :doh:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks... I still have the truck, but I gotta sell it now cause of the new f250 :( mine is a 97 with 6in fabtech with 35's and sometimes 37's... Is pretty quick for only a 4.6 I love that truck and wish I could keep it :(

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
They are fantastic trucks. But once you own a mans truck, that f150 seems smaller and smaller by the day :thumb:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, the towing power is what sold me...... Towing a boat over a 4500ft pass going 30 floored is no fun! :mad:

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
haha ya, that blows man. the hell with all that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
7.3 for the win

More snow pics....

·
Registered
674 Posts
well it's not my truck, but a cool picture I saw on a friends facebook of his old truck. was a 6.0 truck, 8" or 10" lift I forget, 38" good year MTr's

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was smart and parked my burban on the hard pack and said, "No way in hell am I driving in to that lake after we have had all this warm weather.. = On 3/4 ton GMC stuck and sliding into a rather deep ditch, one Chev Avalanche also stuck above same ditch. My SP700 on tracks, far from being stuck.
I pulled and winched the Avalanche out with my Sportsman. Then we ended up using the Av and my wheeler to get the GMC back to hard pack.
And no, we didnt even make it to the lake to fish.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts