Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Thank you for letting me be a part of the Powerstroke.org family. First a short story....I was filling up the other day:(, when a man next to me also with a Ford Diesel, told me I had a rare truck:hehe:. I have a 99 4x4 lariat crew cab diesel dually with 79,000. Seems common enough to me:dunno:. He then proceeded to tell me that the red stripes on the powerstroke badges located on the doors are hand painted. It seems that a couple of computer programmers at Kentucky Truck were secretly adding 50 hp to randomly selected diesel trucks. Then painting the two red stripes to signify there doings. A clever, and subtle way to do so, who looks at the badges anyway? I looked at the diesels in my neighborhood close to the same year, and I seem to be the only one with red stripes. My question is...well is this for real? Has anyone else ever heard of this? I tried to look it up on the Internet, past forums, and found nothing. Please let me know if you have any info. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
The only ones I see that are red are from 6.0 liters. Did you buy the truck new? Were they red when they left the plant. If so that would be real cool.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I agree, post a picture. Zoom in on the red stripes too, maybe you can tell if they are hand painted or not.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Ressurecting. Pics?

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Im kinda curious too. Would be cool if that was true

1 - 7 of 7 Posts