Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this on the drivetrain but figured I should also try here.

I was reversing my truck onto a pretty steep hill with a full load of desks and chairs and stuff, aside from the lift and 38s on the truck. As I was reversing I heard a loud snap/pop! My truck was still able to reverse after that but I do not know what that was and it did not sound good. What should I look for? Like I said, I still reversed a bit with the loud but decided to stop to play it safe. But after my truck was empty I reversed on that hill and then on a flat surface and the truck was ok...should I worry? I looked underneath and everything look to be ok..from what I can see.

PS. I have heard it before but never as loud of snap.

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
check the drive shaft.. hanger bearings and the flanges at the tranny and rear end.. if it is even slightly lose it will make snap noise and the more load it is under the louder it will be

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So its nothing super serious like damage to the tranny or driveshaft? I will look into it tomorrow and hope for the best.I have heard it before and yes it was louder today because I was hauling a heavy load and reversing onto that steep hill/incline was not easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.