Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my tunes from Spartan today along with my cat/dpf delte pipe from sean and my s and b intake. I installed everything along with my mbrp dual exhaust and man dose it pour smoke. I loaded the 250rwhp race tune and it just will not stop smoking. My truck fogged out a 3 lane highway to the point where u could bearly see. I am happy I stuck it out the whole time waiting for this chip because it was definetly worth it. I raced my uncle who has the sct with the race calibration for the dpf delete and absolutly smoked him. Everyone who waited will be happy with the chip.

·
Registered
387 Posts
:worthless[1]: OR EVEN BETTER VIDEOS

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I agree. Lets see some videos of the spartan tunes loaded.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try to get some up tonight but if not they will be up tomorrow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just finished too!!

I just finished installing the Spartan 150hp tune with the BADP 5inch delete, Magna flow 5" single side with AFE intake it ROCKS! It definately was nworth the wait. The tunes were a pain in the butt to install because I didn't know what I was doing but now that I figured it out, it was worth the hassle. (It really isn't that hard now that I know how to do it). The BADP 5 inch dpf delete pipe was too short with a gap about 2 3/4 inch between the ehxaust and delete pipe. I had to go to the nearby muffler shop and have them weld on about 5inches of extra pipe t make it fit. One shop refused to do it because I was "VIOLATING THE LAW". anyways, Spartan 150hp tune shifts great and when the PSI gets high.....LOOK OUT! Love the tunes.

·
Registered
318 Posts
sounds sick guys!!! glad they got some of the bugs worked out!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree with everything said. Got the dpf delete, spartan tunes, afe intake, torque tube, and mbrp exhaust. Loaded the 210 for a while to get a baseline, and switched to the 250 tonight. Just some thoughts. Those of you on the fence about this, do not hesitate. Whatever you imagine these trucks to do, it's better than that. Firm shifts, no lag, and black smoke all the way. Don't let the faint of heart ride with on this tune. I had the edge in mine and there is 0 comparison. All I can say is well worth the wait and we should all be so lucky to have such a dedicated man such as Matt on our side working with us on our journey to better fuel mileage and ungodly amounts of power.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just finished installing the Spartan 150hp tune with the BADP 5inch delete, Magna flow 5" single side with AFE intake it ROCKS! It definately was nworth the wait. The tunes were a pain in the butt to install because I didn't know what I was doing but now that I figured it out, it was worth the hassle. (It really isn't that hard now that I know how to do it). The BADP 5 inch dpf delete pipe was too short with a gap about 2 3/4 inch between the ehxaust and delete pipe. I had to go to the nearby muffler shop and have them weld on about 5inches of extra pipe t make it fit. One shop refused to do it because I was "VIOLATING THE LAW". anyways, Spartan 150hp tune shifts great and when the PSI gets high.....LOOK OUT! Love the tunes.
I had the same issue w/my 4" Magnaflow exhaust and 4" BADP delete pipe. I had to get it welded at well. :dunno:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Is it safe to run the 250 tune all the time?
If you have a pyrometer and your egts dont sky rocket then you should be good. but your fuel mileage will suffer, especially since your right foot will be on it all the time. :)

REMEMBER kids, the gas pedal is NOT an ON/OFF switch :hehe:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
still no videos?? I want to see this in action.:icon_ford:

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
:zzz:subscribing for video

·
Registered
3,802 Posts