Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 7.3 4x4 5speed and when I start it in the morning I get a small puff of white smoke. It only lasts about a second and wont do it again if I rev the engine or anything. I recently had new injector sleeves and o rings put in because of diesel in my coolant. I just want to know if this is normal just to have some piece of mind. Its only about 50 degrees in the morning here still.

thanks guys

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have always been told that is normal. I am still new to the powerstrokes though. I had the same questions with mine a few months ago.

Reactions: zstone97

·
Registered
883 Posts
Small is fine. My 97 blows a huge cloud of bluish grey smoke on startup Still chasing a high pressure oil issue. 94 will belch a cloud when it's cool out and smokes a very slight haze until it gets warmed up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: truck still smokes at start up but now it blows a small cloud when revving in neutral. The smoke is some times white like when the truck isn't warmed up or it's sometimes black now. Keep in mind it never really blew black smoke at all since it's bone stock.. Thoughts?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Possible injector issues. Should get a scantool hooked to it and see what ipr % is and icp psi are. Also check fuel pressure.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have a 97 and it will puff a cloud when it's cool out and smokes a very slight haze until it gets warmed up. I can blip the throttle and get a nice black puff. It all clears up once it is warmed up. But it is going to be interesting this winter when it is 10 degrees out. It might have something to do with my Swamps injectors with a medium tune.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.