Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i did the CCV mod, and it smokes out of there sometimes on a good breeze you can see it. So i went and popped open my oil cap and it smokes out of there too.... my truck has 240k, and way it can just be the injectors or something and not a dusted engine?

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Just place the oil filler cap on the top of the tube and if it blows off you have a problem... if not you're probably ok.

It's from blowby... not really an injector issue... more of an older motor with worn rings type deal...

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me guess. tearing it down and replacing the rings cost alot of money too.

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
mine also smokes out the oil cap. I think that most of the 7.3s are that way. Now if its excessive, like if it blows the cap of like marty said, then your rings might be worn out. I found it hard to get the cap to stay on the oil filler neck because of the vibrations on the engine, but mine definately didn't blow off. I only have 88k on mine. So i wouldn't worry too much. You could always do a compression test to check your rings.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay i did some checking, it only vibrates it off the cap, it doesnt blow it. I am going to get a compression test in a few months when i get my stage 3s

1 - 5 of 5 Posts