Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had new injectors installed yesterday. I returned to stock for the service. When I picked the truck up to drive home, every time I gave the truck a little pedal taking off it put off black smoke. It never did this before, just wondering if this was normal. I have straight exhaust, no cat.

I was also getting white smoke on idle, but that was only on veg oil. I don't think it's related to this problem at all.

·
Banned
26 Posts
I just had new injectors installed yesterday. I returned to stock for the service. When I picked the truck up to drive home, every time I gave the truck a little pedal taking off it put off black smoke. It never did this before, just wondering if this was normal. I have straight exhaust, no cat.

I was also getting white smoke on idle, but that was only on veg oil. I don't think it's related to this problem at all.
I was reading something about air pockets in the HPOP, the fix was to run it hard fromt 25 to 55 MPH then shut it off and repeat in a few hours.

This may or maynot be the problem but I would love to see that Osh Kosh by gosh interior! :nod:

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to run out to an oil patch here in a little while, I'll try that. The Osh Kosh is just my little girl's car seat. I couldn't find anything to match the KR Brown, so I figured Denim will do.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they were going bad before I installed the veg kit. I just never had time to get it in. It actually idles smoother, and runs quieter on veg. I think the injector problem originated at Buccee's Truck Stop in San Luis Pass about a year ago on a fishing trip. It hasn't run right since that day when the water in fuel light came on.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
My truck will put out a little black smoke when i punch it stock to. Ever since i owned it, even with all but 1 injector having been replaced it still smokes stock. I think it might be normal, just a sign of the engine working hard.

Oh ya, one question, my truck has been smoking on start more lately than usual. I have a bully dog chip. It still smokes when i have it on the stock tune, do you think that the smoke is from the bully dog?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
+2 for air in the system, let it work itself out. Put some miles on it or just let it sit outside running for like an hour, rev it up a little every now and again. I had done this to my truck after having 2 new injectors, and ARP headstuds installed about a month ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts