Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, my powerstroke is smoking at idle, light white smoke at idle and turns into a cloud of smoke. It seems to go away at speed and returns at idle.

I removed my driver side injectors and noted all 4 injectors as AD. I also noted the middle oring to be hard and smaller than the groove?

Could it just be orings?? Maybe a leaking turbo? I push the turbo and feel no play in it, but I guess a seal could be leaking? I did not note a loss of oil from my truck.

Would a blackstone lab be helpful? If diesel in in my oil I got bad compression, correct??

Here is pictures of the injectors out of my truck:
Please help me trouble shoot it...

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have the same problem, leading me to believe that my injectors are dirty. Bump cause i got the same damn thing

·
Registered
215 Posts
I see some discoloration where your injector sits in the tube, look at the brass sleeves close and make sure they aren't cracked

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't think those are the correct o-rings in the middle section. I replaced 3 sets of injectors in my truck, and all of them were round o-rings, not square o-rings.

Buy an O-ring kit and check that out.... Thats my thoughts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I don't think those are the correct o-rings in the middle section. I replaced 3 sets of injectors in my truck, and all of them were round o-rings, not square o-rings.

Buy an O-ring kit and check that out.... Thats my thoughts
After years of use the o rings form to whatever shape they're placed in. The tubes are flat walled and that's why the o rings get flat on outside edge. I would replace the orings before re installing them or I"d buy new alliants and put them in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts