Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tody my dad told me that when he takes of hard with his truck it'll stutter and pour out white smoke, i've been with him once when this has happened when he stoped at a stop sign and took off again. i notice awhile ago his exhaust has some black soot in it, it has 12000 miles mine has 25000 miles with no a bit of soot. (this is NOT during regen) has anybody had somthing like this happen to them?

I told him to take it to the dealer but long as it runs he don't care. plus he's getting better mileage than i am lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm also curious as to what this is. My Dad's '08 had done the same thing. He's got like 35,000 miles or so on it.

Brian

·
Registered
206 Posts
Interesting thought

This is interesting as i have always had the black soot in the pipes and now use Spartan tuning. Obiously my truck has a little more soot now with no DPF. I also have had and do have the white smoke and hesitation or stumbling you describe. I completed the TSB that includes the new CAC or intercooler which helped but did not resolve the issue. Now are the black pipes and this stumbling/hesitation related? My truck always got better mileage than most and runs great except in damp weather after driving for 30minutes or more which is when I start to have the white smoke and hesitation. I believe the DPF was cracked as well before it was removed cause i could actually see some black smoke when I jumped on the throttle. Truck also regened only about every 1000 miles or more. Maybe others will chime in....:dunno:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Leaky egr cooler?..

Well I just got my truck back and no luck as they couldn't find anything wrong which is what I expected. They pressure tested the system and all was well. Not sure where to go from here. I do have the old style EGR valve but they are telling me this could not be the problem for either white smoke and hesitation or the coolant getting into the engine issue. What do you guys think about this?

·
Registered
31 Posts
God I hope thats not the case! caus my truck does the same thing, but it happens so infrequently I have never had it looked at!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have noticed my truck doing the same thing! Went to the dealership with it and you guessed it couldnt find anything! Also my radiator is starting leak (back left side) just above the frame... Is anyone else having this same issue?

·
Registered
18 Posts
mine puffs out a little black smoke every time I take off pretty hard from a stop, unless it has just done a regen. I kind of like the black smoke, and wish it would do it more. It also does the white smoke thing and shudders when it does it. It started at about 10,000 miles, and now I have 45,000 and it still does it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts