Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have 2015 6.7 motor out of a roll over. I'm looking at a 2012 superduty from out of Texas. I know California has strict smog laws. My question is will I be able to get this thing to pass smog in California? What kind of problems am I likely to encounter? Anybody knows anything about this any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
If it is all stock then it should pass. Last time i checked (awhile ago), you just smog once in california then submit that with your title transfer

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I would reply to you each individually but I can't yet so I'll throw it out there generally. I have 2015 6.7 with all the computer stuff etc. I would love to build a hot rod with it but after looking at the 1960 f-250 project I decided it's probably out of my league and I don't really have the cash to pay someone else to do it. Plus I'd hate to cut it up it's in really nice shape all stock with PTO winch. I'll post a pic when I figure out how. And what I really need is a full size daily driver that has room for a couple of kids and the wife. I found a 2012 f350 with a 6.7 at auction looks all straight listed problem as mechanical. Well I have a mechanical truck so I don't really care what's wrong with it but I'm assuming it's either engine or tranny( I have the rest of the running gear too if it comes to that). What im hearing is that dropping the physical motor that i have into a 2012 shouldn't be a problem. I'm in California so I'm gonna have to smog it. Could that be a deal breaker? Let's assume I have all the parts from both trucks to work with. I'm just trying to gather all the info I can and decide whether or not to bid on this out of state 2012 as it will be something of a leap of faith anyways. Thanks again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My 1960. Sitting kinda rough but she's a real jewel. Lots of little stuff to do but mechanically all she needs is a motor. Has blown 390 which was bad *** but I think I'll replace it with a 292. Of course i do have a 6.7 laying around...

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for thehelp guys. I'm just putting more messages out in nnn hours that one day I'll figure this site out and get full access.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts