Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got it out of the shop drove 2000 miles and now I'm smelling antifreeze
when I stop through the ac and when I get out of the truck. Any one know what that's from?

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
Welcome to the ORG. What did they work on at the shop? Anything egr cooler related?

·
Banned
71 Posts
?

Is your truck a 2003 or early 2004? Pop the hood and see first if you are pushing coolant out of the over flow jug but my guess would be the little hose that connects the egr cooler to the oil cooler is leaking.

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
Yep, i think that was the orange hose that is replaced with a blue one IIRC. Usually those leak enough to drip on the ground though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing egr related. I had alot of work done in the last 30,000 miles. All new injectors, at 90,000 miles. New bd turbo, with bd power elbow, bd bypass oil filter, and BG egr flush kit @ 110,000 miles. I've got 137,000 miles now and I took it in 2 months ago
because the turbo was getting extremely hot. There was a slice in the rubber from the intake at the turbo and they said that was it. It was also running pretty rough when I took it in. They said I might need a couple new injectors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its an 04 f350 and I did notice that it had overflowed yesterday when I looked. I filled it up about an inch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts