Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got into a nice wreck couple days ago, got corner-to-corner with a guy out on the country road where I live. Bent the front couple ft of the frame, includint the radiator support. Good news is she still runs fine, radiator is even ok. Trans cooler & condensor are shot though. A buddy of mine who's a welder suggested pullin it straight with a tractor then welding supports in, wonderin if any of Ya'll have experience with this kinda deal.:dunno:

Btw the 06 Durasuck was totalled, glad I drive a real truck :icon_ford:

· Premium Member
24,346 Posts
lol, go ford, is that the only peice thats bent? that very front part of the frame? you could pull it straight, but gotta go easy kause then you may just pull it the oppisite direction, suks you went nose to nose like that, i got some headlights, signals, and markers if you need, and a core support off an f-150 if that would work for ya

is that a chevy in the back ground?

· Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya tell me bout it, I drove it 4 miles back to my shop, with bent leaf spring brackets :icon_ford: The Ford guys told me it has to be pulled a little past original cus it will want to re-bend, hence the support bar idea. Btw, How much you want for those lights and signals? Kinda broke but I do need to find some

O and ya, that is a chevy in the background, see my sig. :rofl: traitor, i know

· Premium Member
24,346 Posts
you want all or just certain peices? i could take like $40 plus what ever shipping cost, your here in cali rite?

· Registered
2,271 Posts
take it to a frame shop if it's anything but the front horns. If it's just the very front, porta power it straight enough so the bumper/core support line up properly.

· Electrical Ogre
13,242 Posts
:agree:
Strip the sheetmetal away, then you can see the extent of the damage. I'm sure you could have a frame shop do just the frame pull, then do the rest yourself. :thumb:

· Registered
130 Posts
Yup, from years 10 years of being a body tech take it to a shop and have them put it on a frame machine and pull it. An hour set up and an hour pull time, probably cost you $150 to be right.
There are ways of getting close at home, but there are more ways of making it worse.

· Registered
1,204 Posts
That's painful to look at. It's always sad to see a crashed 7.3. Well at least it's definitely repairable.

· Registered
1,113 Posts
Sad to see, BTW a F150 Rad support won't work, needs to be diesel specific .

· Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
351, do you have the light supports or just the glass? I'm up by Sacramento, so shipping shouldnt be bad. I'm stripping it right now, I'll post some more pics when its done. Still lookin for a good frame shop, Ford dealer wants 250 bucks just to MEASURE the frame, seems ridiculous to me, idk

· Registered
274 Posts
Just about wrote mine off the other day. Due to a situation at home i came screaming home tryed to stop on the wet grass and slid across my front yard into the first tree that stopped me. If i would not have had those 3 receiver hitch setups on their i would have killed it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.