Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this site and trying to learn as much as I can from it.I have a 02 250.I had a slight oil leak back in Early March.Took it to the dealer and they replaced the oil cooler and valve cover gasket.Just notice another small leak and have it back at the dealer.They called and said they believe it is the right cylinder head.The tech was not in on Saturday but will be there monday to verify if it is the right cylinder head.
My question is Would the repairs they did on the oil cooler and valve cover gasket have anything to do with this? Also,What kind of cost should I expect to have this repaired ?

Thanks,
Vanman

·
Premium Member
9,390 Posts
sounds to me like your getting ripped off, ive never seen a head gasket leak oil, i would put money its something else , i believe i would get a second opinion at a different shop

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
I agree with the above statement and think you are getting your chain yanked!!! Time for you to take some control of your wallet, lol!!! Start with cleaning the engine real good with some simple green, cover the alt and PS cap. Once the engine is clean drive for awhile and then climb up ontop of the engine with a flash light and a mirror on a stick and start looking for the source. How do your intake boots look? If they are all oily and nasty looking , oil could be leaking from them, it will eventually drip down the back of the block making some think a rear main is bad, and it is a rare bird for a rear main to go bad on a 7.3, other common oil leaks come from the Turbo ped O rings, and the small O rings where each HPO line connect at each head. Don't pay someone $80+ per hour to troubleshoot a oil leak. This of course is my opinion, if you rely on the shop you are at their mercy, not a place a like to be. There are plenty of very knowledegable folks on this forum that will help you if you decide to educate yourself and stop the madnesss!!

NCH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts