Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my oil, fuel and coolant filters this weekend and was looking at the coolant level in the degas bottle. I noticed that it was lower than the mark that I put on the side of the degas bottle when I installed the coolant filter. The truck drives fine and doesn't smoke a bit. I have an Edge CS Monitor and my EOC & ECT never get more than 7 deg from each other. If you look at my other posts, the truck had the head gaskets, oil cooler, egr valve, ect replaced in 2009 by Ford. (Truck has 139k miles total). I occasionally tow a cattle trailer and a tractor, only about twice a month - other than that, no towing, no heavy foot. What are your thoughts? :confused:

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
You may not have a problem if it was only a little loss some trucks take a while to work all the air out you may not have lost coolant just the level dropped once the air was out.

Continue to monitor temps and level for a few days and see if you loose any more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figure Iost some during the filter install and in the two filter changes I've done. Even though I strained out the coolant in the filter and added it back

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Even though you strained it out and put it back in there was most certainly still coolant left in the old filter. Like dannyboy said, monitor your coolant level for a few more days and go from there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought some more Ford Gold ELC this afternoon. Im going to fill it up and watch it from there, just in case.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Has your coolant level been dropping since your last post?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No coolant loss since my last post. Been several thousand miles. I suppose it was me over reacting to several coolant filter changes. Better safe than sorry!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts