Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says the handle of my sliding rear window just fell off and for my surprise FORD used glue to attach the handle. :doh: I'm looking for a good and resistant glue to fix it. Which glue is the best for this application. Thanks in advance!

2007 f-250 xlt

Nelson

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would use the same glue used to attach the rearview mirror to the windshield. :thumb:
Any brand in particular? Can be found in wal-mart, pep boys, advance auto parts... etc?

Nelson

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Nope, no particular brand. They all seem to work just as good no matter the brand or where I've gotten it. However, I've always purchased it from an auto parts store, never from wal-mart. I don't even know if wal-mart carries it. If they do I'm sure it would work just as good and probably be a tad cheaper.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, no particular brand. They all seem to work just as good no matter the brand or where I've gotten it. However, I've always purchased it from an auto parts store, never from wal-mart. I don't even know if wal-mart carries it. If they do I'm sure it would work just as good and probably be a tad cheaper.
Okay,
I'll go to advance auto parts and pep boys to see what I can find, thanks for the advice man.

·
Registered
68 Posts
mine did this too, i just left it off, it comes in handy when u lock your keys inside and need to get the door unlocked, plus with the tint u cant see it isnt there so im not worried about some one getting in

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I need to fix mine too!!

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
I used jb qwik weld to fix mine. Just make sure you take a good sharp razor lads and scrape all the glue off of both the window and the patch or you will not get it to sit properly on the window and it won't work.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem fixed, I cleaned everything with a razor blade and used general purpose epoxy bought from PEP BOYS (item number 84101) that epoxy has a strength of 3400 PSI according to permatex so I hope the handle don't fall again. Thanks for the help guys! :thumb:

Nelson

1 - 9 of 9 Posts