Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran into a little trouble with some black ice on my way to school tuesday morning :doh: Anyways the truck fishtailed, then spun all the way around, backwards into the ditch and settled on the driver side. I was fine, just pissed :mad: We set it down with my dad's F250 (gasser). A chevy wrecker tried to pull it out, but it just got pulled into the ditch too! We called another garage and they brought their F450 out and after about an hour of winching and shoveling snow and hammering it, we drove the rig out. Drove it down to the local shop to check the suspension and alignment and it was all good so I have been driving the truck since, can you say Built Ford Tough?:icon_ford:

Well anyways, the only thing that is really wrong with it, other than some dents, is the driver's side mirror. It didn't break off, and all the power stuff (heat, adjust, fold, extend) still works. The mirror is a little loose, both in the fixture and the whole mirror assembly as well. My question is how can I get the mirror off to tighten it up? Also when I do the power fold it goes all the way out, it doesn't stop at the right position. It must have broken somethinkg off in the pivot?

·
Registered
640 Posts
HOLY SHNIKIES!!!!!!!!!!

glad you were ok and its amazing that the truck didnt have more damage.........you are very lucky indeed.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Glad you're ok man... Similar thing happened to me a little over a month ago... Truck didn't fare as well as yours though. It did keep us safe, but ended up being totalled.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Glad your ok!!! Glad to know they are also tough as nails

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Glad your Ok man. :thumb:

In regards to the mirror question. I believe the bottom (convex) mirror pops out and gives you access to the mounting components.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
If the whole assembly is loose, there are 4 bolts that hold it to the door. Pop off the black trim piece inside(it just pulls straight out). There are 2 nuts behind the blue sticky strip and 2 behind 2 rubber bung plugs. As for the mirrors themselves being loose you may have broken something inside as the mirror basically just clamp on and will pop out with a little pressure. If you can't get it fixed I have a mirror that's power everything that had some plastic damage at the door trim piece. You could just swap your good pieces over to this mirror and have yourself a brand new one. I'll give it you for $100 plus the cost of shipping. Let me know.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Ya, I had a similar issue the first week of JAN. I turned out on an empty 5 lane taking a left and despite being as careful as I could the rear fishtailed before I could straighten it out with the road. It swung the other way and then back.
I jumped a curb with the front and the rear stayed on pavement. All in all I just messed up the running board and had 1 dent. I missed a sign on both sides by about 10 feet.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I bet that was a fun ride! Its a weird feeling when your out of control!!! Glad you and your Super Duty are ok! :thumb:

As for Blk04Snake, glad your or ok too! Too bab about your SD...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea it was a wild ride, I was just glad no one was around me on the road. As far as the mirror goes I haven't had time to take a look at it so I am not sure what I will need to do to tighten it. Thanks for all the support guys!

·
Registered
449 Posts
dont you have to take apart the door so you could tighten the mirror from the inside of the door?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Blk04Snake were you running toyo M/T's as well?

Thats good to see that the truck is back on the road:thumb:
Ya, Toyo M/T as well. I highly doubt the other 10 or so cars that went off the road all within a mile or 2 of where I did were running them though :rofl:

That truck isn't back on the road... Last time I saw it was I think on Feb 4th heading south on a rollback to the salvage yard. Ended up picking up a new F350 almost the same thing as far as options go.

H0USE were you asking me for more pics? Just search my posts I had a thread about it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts