Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched trying to find an answer with no luck. The forward planetarys stripped out so I took the truck in to get the tranny rebuilt. After the rebuild the truck doesn't shift how it should. If you are at half throttle or under it shifts fine. If you are at 3/4 throttle or more the torque converter stays locked and slams 3rd gear hard. Pretty much everything in the tranny is new. New pump, valve body, clutches, torque converter, forward planetarys. So far on the truck the PCM has been changed, speed sensor in rear axle, cam position sensor, throttle pedal was switched with another trucks which didn't fix it. Any ideas what to look at next? The tranny has been tore down again since the original rebuild and he said everything was fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Similar problem here, firm 1-2, normal 2-3 and half throttle or a little less and it SLAMS! 3-4. I am thinking broken accumulator springs, waiting on parts. Will update when I get a chance to open it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know how to help the harsh shift between 2-3? mine almost slides into 3rd and then slams. it is slamming so hard that i have cracked the output shaft yoke. I have a 1997 F-250 RWD 7.3L

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually, I just went out and counted gears and realized that my transmission tries to shift into 3rd gear and doesn't shift into 3rd and slams into 4th.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts