·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
Hey raul,

I know an electrical engineer that knows EVERYTHING about this,....

His name is Kenny... and he actually invented his own speed correction device, and it is WAYYYY better than the Truespeed and all the others....cheaper too.

I know him pretty well, and I'm positive he will still be happy to help you.

In fact he just told me, for you to contact him, his product ties into the same place the True Speed does... go to his website and follow the directions...just scroll down to the manual...

Too bad I didn't know earlier,..I could have told you there was a better option for speed/tire size correction out there.

[email protected]

quick link Speed Wizard Speedometer Correction
or
website merlincontrols.com

·
Addicted to Diesel
721 Posts
Raul your pretty much looking at a 32 x 10.5 with the 265/75 r16

·
Registered
141 Posts
Sorry I did not pop in earlier...

Glad that info on that site helped you out... a 265/75R16 tire is approx a 31.7" tire.

Do not forget to account for tire squat - the manual on that site goes over that.

raul, I have been trying to contact you(tried a few different email addresses I figured yours might be), but if you need help with the tru speed, or anything

give me a shout>

[email protected]

I suggest checking your final correction with a GPS, and if you use the truspeed set the "2nd" setting the same as the first setting incase you accidentally flip that switch

just a thought

kenny

·
Premium Member
20,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I did not pop in earlier...

Glad that info on that site helped you out... a 265/75R16 tire is approx a 31.7" tire.

Do not forget to account for tire squat - the manual on that site goes over that.

raul, I have been trying to contact you(tried a few different email addresses I figured yours might be), but if you need help with the tru speed, or anything

give me a shout>

[email protected]

I suggest checking your final correction with a GPS, and if you use the truspeed set the "2nd" setting the same as the first setting incase you accidentally flip that switch

just a thought

kenny
sent you an email bud.... and yes i calibrated to my GPS :) wish it would change my shift points though because its still coming in and out of overdrive :(

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
That was one of "lies" that TrueSpeed tells people....it may/will on the 7.3's,..but it definitely DOES NOT on 6.0L's.

That is one of the reasons Kenny(merc) designed the Speed Wizard,...he was tired of hearing people complain about "the other companies", poor customer service and BS marketing propaganda....

So he DESIGNED, BUILT, and tested his own design,...just for us TRUCK ENTHUSIASTS!

Gotta love the "little man", that only thinks of us!!!!!! and he only does it for FORD vehicles...so far...lol

·
Registered
141 Posts
well.. thanks tank's 250

I have TONS I mean literally boat loads of info on all that stuff, I would not want to bore the general public on information on how the speed signal is used on these trucks or what models use the speed signal for shift points and such, but if anybody is ever interested in a bed time read let me know I can email some links LOL

Moving on,
As I have grown older I have noticed that lots of things are written that just are not true... One goal in my life is to seek out truth in the things that interest me.

Read the "how the speed wizard was born" on the website that was posted and you will get a glimpse of my roots and goals.

anyway, raul, I have not received any email as of yet... I will check back in this thread tomorrow and see if there is anything urgent. Otherwise feel free to contact me through the website if the email i provided is acting up.

thanks, Kenny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts