Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of putting on a lift kit when i put the wheels back on i noticed the drive shaft by the slip boot was all screwed up and not straight. i took off the universal joint by the front diff in order to get the female and male to line up again in the boot. I guess i over extended and it didnt go back in properly. now it is nice and straight but too long for the lift. What do i do since it will not attach back to the u joint it is mayb e an inch past it. any and all help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,003 Posts
Sounds like you need a custom length driveshaft. How big it the lift??

·
Registered
573 Posts
Oh you need custom for sure bud.. I got mine lengthened and balanced for like $80. Btw you can run without it with no probem

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Wait a minute. You put a lift kit on and now your driveshaft is too long? This doesn't make any sense at all.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fixed

Hey thanks everyone for the replies it has been fixed. when i first dropped the axle the driveshaft in the boot had over extended and was stuck because the two didnt line up. i had to take the boot and universal off and i saw that the teeth did not line up so i cleaned it up added new grease and lined it up correctly. thank you for the input. it was an 8" so i think i can still get away with using the stock one. anyone have any trouble with brake lines though? i have new brake lines in the front and they are not even close. new ones came in the kit but are not long enough its a rough country 8" on an 03 f350

·
Registered
573 Posts
You should be Ok with the brake lines. But you will pop the driveshaft back or when going over a big pot hole or something that will extend it. Before I took mine off I would ride around with huge block of wood and a small Jack to put it back in. Get it extended trust me

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool thanks i sent u a pm about that roof rack i got the same truck basically except all white but would love a roof rack

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey thanks everyone for the replies it has been fixed. when i first dropped the axle the driveshaft in the boot had over extended and was stuck because the two didnt line up. i had to take the boot and universal off and i saw that the teeth did not line up so i cleaned it up added new grease and lined it up correctly. thank you for the input. it was an 8" so i think i can still get away with using the stock one. anyone have any trouble with brake lines though? i have new brake lines in the front and they are not even close. new ones came in the kit but are not long enough its a rough country 8" on an 03 f350
Hey is there anyway you could post some photos of your truck? Im looking at getting the Rough country 8" lift too and wouldn't mind seeing it on a few other trucks before i get it for sure. Thanks!!!

-RCR-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts