Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just passing this information along. I was able to make my Sirius Antenna work with my Kenwood DNX-7100 and SIR-KEN1 box for satellite radio. I just pooped the clip off and removed the plastic bracket. The ford factory Sirius plug is exactly what Kenwood Sirius used to have as a plug now Kenwood has ditched the plastic bracket and just gone with an open plug.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Cool,

I have my SIR-KEN1 sirius antenna one one side of the roof by the corner of the windshield and my KNA-G510 gps antenna on the other side.

I decided to try the GXM-30 xm traffic antenna under the plastic piece between the windshield and hood and it works good there.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
OK, I am trying to get my Kenwood 5120 installed with Sirius....I took the factory stereo out and theres 3 plugs...one big one..the main harness...one middle sized one..I assume the steering wheel controls, and one small one...this is for the factory amp I think.

Then theres the orange AM/FM antenna wire.

Where the heck is the sirius antenna at?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the dnx 7100 and the antenna was the small black wire for the sirius, and yes the medium is for the steering wheel. I installed mine quite some time ago and dont feel like tearing the dash apart again to fgure it all out, i do remember it was a headache though. Once in, its so nice!!!!

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Well I got some of the wiring done...seems the middle sized harness is not the steering wheel actually, you just tap into the main harness on like 1-2 wires and then set up the PAC controller.

However I STILL cannot find the stock sirius antenna...I am certain its cause I am retarded.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The sirius antenna wire is located under the drivers side. It is a box that is right above the parking brake petal. You will see the wire that you need.

·
Registered
372 Posts
For the XM guys out there, this antenna works for us too. I've been using it with my Pioneer navtraffic box for a year now. Same thing, just take the plastic hood/clip off of the connector.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts