Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to order a coolant filter and was wondering which one I should get.:dunno: Is there a difference between the two? Is one better than the other? I like the way the Sinister looks. Just looking for opinions.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I like the look of the Sinister, but I have heard they leak. I think the bracket on the Dieselsite is a piece of crap. So I bought the Dieselsite because I can fab my own bracket later on and not have to worry about the leaks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a Sinister,, Works like a champ..No leaks, looks cool. Either one you cant go wrong (just get it on your truck!)

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
sinister. 5k on it and no leaks so far. with them bad a$$ hose clamps and fittings they give you. i dont know how it would ever leak:dunno:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I just put 2 of the Sinister kits on...easy install,great looking and no leaks

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you ever do the oil bypass, you will probably need to relocate one or the other, because most want to use the same space in the engine compartment. I already had the oil bypass on, and the dieselsite kit was easy to relocate because the hoses didn't have crimped-on connectors.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I like both actually but ascetically Sinister is nicer in my opinion.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just ordered the Sinister myself. Bracket looked much better and if the hoses leak I'll make my own. The Sinsiter came with the shut off valves as well, diesel site they were an $18.00 option.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I've been running the Sinister kit for about a year now. I did have a leak at first but a little pipe dope fixed it. Love the looks of it and I am very satisfied with it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have the sinister kit, leaked at first. Didnt even call them though, if you can install this but cant find someway to fix this leak thats sorta sad. Looks good works great! Cut open your first filter! It will justify every dollar!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sinister working great here. No leaks and looks good too.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
What part is it the leaks on the Sinister. Is it a hose coupling or is it the filter base?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Mine leaked where the hoses threaded into the ball valves. Added a little pipe dope problem solved.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I prefer a more stock appearance under the hood over the blue blingie stuff.

Using a baldwin base and a home brewed mount with proper cooling hose, I have about 70 bucks into it.

·
Suck, Squish, Bang, Blow!
6,471 Posts
Sinister. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
If you ever do the oil bypass, you will probably need to relocate one or the other, because most want to use the same space in the engine compartment. I already had the oil bypass on, and the dieselsite kit was easy to relocate because the hoses didn't have crimped-on connectors.
Does anyone make a kit designed to hold both a oil and a coolant in the same location? It looks like there might be enough room in there, if it was designed right?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts